4 yr old unintentionally shoots pregnant mom in the face

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

4 yr old unintentionally shoots pregnant mom in the face

Post by M-Quigley »

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/police ... /913727834" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The boyfriend recently put the loaded gun between the mattress and the boxspring where the boy found it, sheriff’s spokesman Ryan Abbott said.

Her injuries were life-threatening. A family member told KIRO 7at Harborview that the woman was conscious and talking.
The reporter in the video was talking about some recently passed safe storage law that was passed in Washington state, but didn't go into it further. It obviously didn't do any good in this situation.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: 4 yr old unintentionally shoots pregnant mom in the face

Post by Javelin Man »

Little kids will search and find anything. You can't hide snacks, guns or Christmas presents from young'uns. Hence the use of a good safe.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: 4 yr old unintentionally shoots pregnant mom in the face

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

I read something recently, maybe from Claude Werner, about not bringing home a gun until you've got a way to secure it.

I guess the important thing there is understanding what is and isn't 'secure' and where 'stuffed under the mattress' falls, esp. when there's a child in the house.