Another senseless mass shooting tragedy in victim disarm zon

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Another senseless mass shooting tragedy in victim disarm zon

Post by M-Quigley »

I refuse to call it a No guns zone, because it's only a no guns for law abiding people. The mass murderer had no problem bringing a gun in and didn't care about violating the law doing it, since he murdered people anyway. :(

The shooting was allegedly called into 911 by the suspect.

https://vb.opencarry.org/index.php?thre ... ed.133630/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/news ... 660087002/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ArmedAviator

Re: Another senseless mass shooting tragedy in victim disarm

Post by ArmedAviator »

M-Quigley wrote:I refuse to call it a No guns zone, because it's only a no guns for law abiding people. The mass murderer had no problem bringing a gun in and didn't care about violating the law doing it, since he murdered people anyway.
I propose we popularize the nickname Mass Murder Zone.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

ArmedAviator wrote:
M-Quigley wrote:I refuse to call it a No guns zone, because it's only a no guns for law abiding people. The mass murderer had no problem bringing a gun in and didn't care about violating the law doing it, since he murdered people anyway.
I propose we popularize the nickname Mass Murder Zone.
Seems appropriate unfortunitely, considering the potential result of the signs. :(
WeinerDog

Post by WeinerDog »

A visibly shaken and crying elderly man was saying how thankful he was for the rapid response of police in 3 minutes. Once again seconds matter. Good response by police but it is seldom ever fast enough for the victims.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

WeinerDog wrote:A visibly shaken and crying elderly man was saying how thankful he was for the rapid response of police in 3 minutes. Once again seconds matter. Good response by police but it is seldom ever fast enough for the victims.
Was there even any lifes left to save? One of the stories I read was that he murdered everyone left in the bank (one was allegedly in a back room and escaped) before he himself called 911. The only thing that might've saved their lives was if someone was actually present who was armed.

Additional info: the murderer allegedly had a 9mm pistol and was wearing a bullet resistant vest. Not that it makes him invulnerable, particularly at the close distances of a bank lobby. Even a little handgun could've saved someones life.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

WeinerDog wrote:A visibly shaken and crying elderly man was saying how thankful he was for the rapid response of police in 3 minutes. Once again seconds matter. Good response by police but it is seldom ever fast enough for the victims.
There's a little movie theater that a church bought and brought back to life in Urbana Ohio. It has current movies and some good second run movies. The only problem is it has "NO GUNS" signs plastered on the doors. My girlfriend wants to go there and she says it's safe since it's located right across from the police station. I say "NO" since a mass shooting really takes only seconds to commit and it still will take police minutes to get there even "IF" they are at the station.