Why should Kasich give more power to gun advocates-WOW

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Why should Kasich give more power to gun advocates-WOW

Post by catfish86 »

https://www.cleveland.com/politics/2018 ... itics.html

Cleveland Plain Dealer article on Kasich vetoing the recent bill, using such phrases as:

“Why would I sign a bill that gives more power to the gun advocates?”
“For the first time in my lifetime, the possibility of somebody coming through that door and shooting us exists,” he continued. “And we can’t do anything because of rotten, stinking politics.”

I am sorry I ever voted for him. I will concede to anyone bashing him during the presidential election as a closet gun-grabber they were right about him and I was wrong.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Why should Kasich give more power to gun advocates-WOW

Post by catfish86 »

Kasich, since losing out of the presidential primaries, has strongly resembled a spoiled brat who didn't get what he wanted for Christmas.
God,

Gun control is racist.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Humiliate him with an override.

Give him the Taft treatment.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

[quote=catfish86] [quoting our RINO governor]“For the first time in my lifetime, the possibility of somebody coming through that door and shooting us exists,” he continued. “And we can’t do anything because of rotten, stinking politics.”[/quote]

He didn't notice the Security at the front door? It wasn't very good, but was more than he'd accept for my Synagogue, or my kid's school...

Sorry I ever voted for him, but the alternative was pretty awful.

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

catfish86 wrote:https://www.cleveland.com/politics/2018 ... itics.html

Cleveland Plain Dealer article on Kasich vetoing the recent bill, using such phrases as:

“Why would I sign a bill that gives more power to the gun advocates?”
“For the first time in my lifetime, the possibility of somebody coming through that door and shooting us exists,” he continued. “And we can’t do anything because of rotten, stinking politics.”

I am sorry I ever voted for him. I will concede to anyone bashing him during the presidential election as a closet gun-grabber they were right about him and I was wrong.
There was a pretty famous (at the time) shooting at the US capital in 1954. Since then politicians have while at their workplace enjoyed the kind of armed protection from gun violence most of their constituents in the private sector don't have. Most ordinary citizens go to work at places where the only protections they have is a no guns sign, a company policy to not allow realistic defensive tools, and a phone to call 911. Perhaps if Kasich really wants to connect with ordinary citizens he should put himself in their shoes for awhile.

Looking back, I can't say I'm sorry about the last governors race despite this recent nonsense from Kasich. For me in 2014 it was like most elections, the lessor of two evils. Kasich's opponent was far worse on a lot of issues, including gun rights right from the outset. If that guy had been elected, any legislation in the last 4 years to make things better would've been vetoed, not just as he was heading out the door.

https://www.cleveland.com/opinion/index ... rd_is.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gov. John Kasich received a B+, his Democratic opponent, Ed FitzGerald, a D. Attorney General Mike DeWine got a B, Democratic challenger David Pepper a C-. Secretary of State Jon Husted was favored with an A, Democrat Nina Turner a D. State Auditor David Yost and Democratic opponent John Carney received an A and D, respectively. And State Treasurer Josh Mandel was rewarded with an A, while Democrat Connie Pillich had to settle for a C.

Kasich was denied an A, even though as governor he’s signed every gun bill sent his way. And, in a nod to Republican extremists, a Kasich spokesman said recently the governor would be willing to study any proposed stand-your-ground law.
side note: interesting comment from an anti gunner but not about guns. :roll:
“What scares me more than anything is the triumph of individual rights over the collective good,” said Lori O’Neill, a Cleveland-area resident and vice chair of the National Gun Victims Action Council.
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

Kasich went from a B+ when he needed our votes to an F- when he didn't. He talks about dirty stinking politics...maybe he should look in the mirror or run as a Democrat which he apparently would have but he couldn't get elected.
God,

Gun control is racist.
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

catfish86 wrote:Kasich went from a B+ when he needed our votes to an F- when he didn't. He talks about dirty stinking politics...maybe he should look in the mirror or run as a Democrat which he apparently would have but he couldn't get elected.

He was an Anti-, then a Pro-, then an Anti- again ...who is playing dirty, stinking politics there, Gov?
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Beat Trump in the Republication primary? was that ever a question? The real question should be or not he plans on running as an independent. Would he draw off enough independent votes allow a Democratic victory?
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Ohio Lawmakers Working To Override Kasich Veto

From Bearingarms.com:

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/12/2 ... sich-veto/
Kasich may have vetoed a bill that would change how self-defense killings are prosecuted in the state, but that doesn’t mean he gets the final say. Instead, GOP lawmakers are working to override his veto.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.