Dick's takes a dive

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Dick's takes a dive

Post by steves 50de »

Dick's take a 150 million loss due to gun policy. :mrgreen: They say they are fine with that. I say let the bleeding continue. :twisted:
Black Rifles Matter
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

steves 50de wrote:Dick's take a 150 million loss due to gun policy. :mrgreen: They say they are fine with that. I say let the bleeding continue. :twisted:
When your enemy insists upon repeatedly slamming a door on his own hand, offer to oil the hinges for him.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

This weekend my (Ohio born) brother was up from Tx & I hope instilled some reasonable knowledge about DICKS.. his comment was that his kids needed sports equipment & that's their nearest (?) go to place..
I took him to RKing.. but sadly I realize I didn't offer a sports gear alternative for him.
I guess in his area recently, theifs had walked & rolled thru his (HOA+) area & unloaded the neighborhood of the valuable left-in-car-goods.
On another note a local sheriff deputy very recently suggested that we close our driveway gate @ night - word to the wise.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

deanimator wrote:
steves 50de wrote:Dick's take a 150 million loss due to gun policy. :mrgreen: They say they are fine with that. I say let the bleeding continue. :twisted:
When your enemy insists upon repeatedly slamming a door on his own hand, offer to oil the hinges for him.
This⬆
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Dicks choosing to sell or not sell a product is up to them. Virtue signalling and funding a gun control lobbyist group? That doesn’t sound like a pure business decision, and takes it over the line.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
High Power

Post by High Power »

deanimator wrote:
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

Mr. Glock wrote:Dicks choosing to sell or not sell a product is up to them. Virtue signalling and funding a gun control lobbyist group? That doesn’t sound like a pure business decision, and takes it over the line.
The far left DEMO's don't care how much the anti-gun crusade costs them, just as long as they get their way. After-all, the politicians use as much tax payer dollars as they want. Just in this case it's the shareholders money Dick's is using.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

High Power wrote:
deanimator wrote:
"Sir, can I get you a bigger hammer?"
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Dick’s Sporting Goods CEO Ed Stack told CBS News that his company destroyed $5 million worth of “assault-style rifles” to keep them out of private hands.

Dick’s announced a halt to “assault-style rifles” two weeks after the February 14, 2018, Parkland high school shooting.

SNIP

During his October 6, CBS News appearance, CEO Ed Stack said the company ended up destroying $5 million worth of “assault-style rifles.”

Stack also admitted the Dick’s gun control stance has resulted in “a quarter of a billion [dollars]” in loses. But Stack does not regret the gun control stance. Rather, he is considering taking the company even further down the gun control path.

As of right now, 100 Dick’s stores no longer sell guns of any kind. Stack is thinking about expanding that policy so that no Dick’s store sells a gun.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
High Power

Post by High Power »

I bought a pistol from Cabela's yesterday. Not only are they pro-gun but they also give veterans a 5% discount on firearms.

That will keep me coming back:-)
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Today in school, an announcement was given that Dick's Sporting Goods is holding open interviews for positions. Dick's must be getting desperate to recruit from high schools for workers.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Just as WalMart, Meijer, Kroger, etc ended rural grocery stores, so too could Dick's, Cabela's, internet pricing etc kill the local FFL.

So for Dick's and WalMart to step aside, it's a great benefit to the mom-and-pop shops in rural communities.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

Dicks to sell 8 of its Field and Stream stores to Sportsman's Warehouse.

https://www.businessinsider.com/dicks-s ... es-2019-10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On Monday, Sportsman's Warehouse Holdings announced that it had entered into an agreement with Dick's to acquire eight Field & Stream locations in Pennsylvania, New York, North Carolina, and Michigan.

Field & Stream is Dick's hunting and fishing brand. There are currently 35 locations across the US; eight will become Sportsman's Warehouse Holdings stores after the transaction closes, which should happen in mid-October. Earlier this year, the company noted that it did not plan to open any new Field & Stream stores.

Dick's CEO Ed Stack said in a March earnings call that the company was "not sure exactly what we're gonna do" with the Field & Stream brand. UBS analyst Michael Lasser wrote in a note on Friday that the company "is contemplating whether to run it in its current state or convert the space to a different concept. It could also sell the chain altogether."
So they don't know what to do with the brand that they obviously put a lot of money into trying to (copycat) compete with Cabela's and now are selling them off, probably at a discount to a competitor. I have to wonder, what case would the shareholders have to sue for violation of fiduciary responsibilities?
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Overall, Dick’s is fine. They are transitioning to a pure Soccer Mom sports play.

And you know why it will work? Big banks, large brokerages etc are locate in Dem cities and play the gun control game. So they will support Dick’s and make the profit boo-boo go away.

That, and those Masters of the Universes can afford private security. No soup for you (though)
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

On the CNN report differing...they bought the company line that "weakness in hunting gear" not guns is the driver...Ummm need I point out the reason your hunting gear is weak is because the gun crowd and your hunting crowd are the same group?
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.