Kennesaw Georgia

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Kennesaw Georgia

Post by qmti »

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/03/10/k ... cusses-law" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Saw this on Fox News Insider site. Law passed in 1982 that requires all citizens of the town to have a firearm in their home. This was a response to a law in a Illinois town that prohibited guns in the city limits. Kennesaw has had only one murder since this law was enacted. Very interesting.
ArmedAviator

Re: Kennesaw Georgia

Post by ArmedAviator »

It was (is?) a real low on the books. It was a politcal statement and was never meant to e enforceable or actually mandatory with many exemptions.

Snopes has a quick read about this. It also goes on to explain that the crime rate pretty much coincided with that of the rest of Georgia.

I believe if baddies knew more good guys and gals had guns to defend themselves, and were maybe slightly less at-legal-risk to use them to defend themself (and their property) than crime rates really would go down with a cause-effect relationship.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

It's true and people complied. My cousin, her husband and kids lived in Kennesaw until her death and one child's death. He and other kids are still there. Although they really didn't want to have 'a gun' in the house they did comply by purchasing a air rifle as I recall.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I've checked a few times to see if any Kennesaw resident had ever been charged with failure to own a firearm. Never happened, far as I know.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.