During the interview, Ellen explained that Campos had decided to do just one interview because he doesn't want to 'relive' the shooting.
But his choice to do that interview on Ellen was likely deliberate. The comedian-turned-talk-show-host is more known for her dancing and pranks on celebrities than hard-hitting interviews with headline makers.
Her interview from Campos did not deviate from form.
When Campos went through his recollection of the night, Ellen did not press him to clarify some of the lingering questions about the official timeline - such as whether he or hotel officials delayed calling police for six minutes after he was shot.
A laptop computer recovered from the Las Vegas hotel room where Stephen Paddock launched the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history was missing its hard drive, depriving investigators of a potential key source of information on why he killed and maimed so many people, ABC News has learned.
Paddock, however, left behind no such writings or evidence.
He is not the first mass shooter to destroy or hide digital clues.
In 2007, Virginia Tech shooter Cho Seung Hui removed the hard drive of his computer and disposed of his cell phone shortly before the massacre. Authorities even searched a pond for the missing digital media, but the devices were never recovered.
The 2008 Northern Illinois shooter, Steven Kazmierczak, removed the SIM card from his phone and the hard drive from his laptop, and neither was recovered.
In 2012, Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza had removed the hard drive from his computer and smashed it with a hammer or screwdriver.
In yet another obvious example of the massive cover-up currently underway surrounding the Las Vegas Massacre, authorities with both the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department and the FBI have refused to provide any updates to the media since they ridiculously changed their entire narrative two weeks ago.
The silence from authorities has gotten so obvious that even local mainstream news outlets are sounding the alarm. When you couple this with the documented evidence that points to both the LVMP and the FBI lying directly to the American people you have all the hallmarks of a classic false flat terror operation.
“Fifty-eight people killed. More than 500 injured. And yet, nearly a month after the Las Vegas Strip experienced the worst mass shooting in modern American history, local and federal authorities are refusing to fill in the blanks,” The Las Vegas Review-Journal reported.
By Oct. 13 — the last time the Metropolitan Police Department or the FBI addressed the media or public — something had changed. The sheriff, who had been straightforward and stern, was now emotional and at times combative. Both he and the FBI failed to provide much new information, and at the end of the meeting, they refused to take questions.
Since that day, the only person who has shed more light on the investigation is Mandalay Bay security guard Jesus Campos, who was shot in the leg while approaching the gunman’s room. His platform to share that information? “The Ellen Degeneres Show,” which aired last week. He hasn’t made himself available to the media since.
Amazingly, when the Review-Journal contacted the FBI, they were literally told that releasing information to the public in a timely manner doesn’t matter to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
FBI cover-up artist Sandra Breault told the paper that, “It doesn’t matter,” when asked why there had been no new updates. “It’s an ongoing investigation, and unless there’s something to report, there will not be a briefing.”
Brian D. wrote:I've not run across any stories that distinguish the number of deaths and injuries by bullets vs. the panicked trampling that must have taken place. Call it professional curiosity given my years in emergency service.
Several lawsuits - including one representing 450 people - have already been filed against the hotel and its parent company MGM Resorts International.
Live Nation Entertainment, the concert promoter, is also being sued, as well as the estate of mass murderer Stephen Paddock, the manufacturer of the bump stocks he used to fire rapidly and the Route 91 Harvest festival venue.
In the 2010 case, the court ruled that the assault was 'foreseeable' because similar instances occurred in the past.
Therefore the suits are likely to hinge on whether the October 1 shooting was 'foreseeable'.
Legal experts have told Business Insider that attorneys might argue that, given previous shootings in the US, the hotel should have known to look out for them.
MGM released a statement to Business Insider explaining that the shooting was a 'terrible tragedy perpetrated by an evil man'.
It went on: 'These kinds of lawsuits are not unexpected and we intend to defend ourselves against them. That said, out of respect for the victims, we will give our response through the appropriate legal channels.'
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests