Biker Shootout in Texas 9 dead so far

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Biker Shootout in Texas 9 dead so far

Post by catfish86 »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/17/po ... -in-texas/

This is a simmering feud between three biker gangs and the police knew they were gathering at some sort of truck stop. At least a dozen local officers with state troopers also present. Fist fight goes to bats, chains and knives then guns. As armed people came out apparently police shot them. I am sure this will fuel quite a bit of hysteria and debate.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
Brian D.

Re: Biker Shootout in Texas 9 dead so far

Post by Brian D. »

Been reading about this elsewhere. My impression so far is that as an uninvolved party who found themselves around ANY such situation that started looking to be even at "low simmer", vamoose asap and don't look back. You weren't down to fumes on the gas tank when you pulled in there, right? Fuel up and attend to bathroom needs at the next exit!
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

It sounds like the marksmanship of all the shooting gang members were exemplary. Not a single innocent bystander or police officer was hit, only gang members.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

When they're at knives, bats and chains fighting distance, it would almost take a thru-and-thru gunshot to hit an uninvolved bystander.
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

Place is called "Twin Peaks" and is a short of dive bar/roadhouse place that is trying a Hooters themed dress code. Supposedly one group of outlaw bikers- The Cossacks- was recruiting in territory belonging to a serious 1%-er outlaw gang, the Bandidos. Thats a no-no. Things went sideways, the c ops shot anyone with a weapon, and now various 1%-er gangs are calling for reinforcements to bust heads in Waco. Could be fun to watch from a distance.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

evan price wrote:Place is called "Twin Peaks" and is a short of dive bar/roadhouse place that is trying a Hooters themed dress code. Supposedly one group of outlaw bikers- The Cossacks- was recruiting in territory belonging to a serious 1%-er outlaw gang, the Bandidos. Thats a no-no. Things went sideways, the c ops shot anyone with a weapon, and now various 1%-er gangs are calling for reinforcements to bust heads in Waco. Could be fun to watch from a distance.
True but I'd like to be at a high, commanding, location watching through some good glass attached to the top of something built by Barrett.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sd790 »

I wonder how many of the nine deceased were shot by police.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
BobK

Post by BobK »

Boy, as you'd expect, there is a lot more news about this on the Texas forum. More than I have the time to write up before going to work.

This was brewing for two weeks. There were several gangs showing up for a scheduled event, all showing "colors". The police had asked the restaurant manager to cancel the event, and he refused. Nobody thinks the violence is over.

Apparently Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission has suspended the liquor license for 7 days already while they investigate. There is also talk that "Twin Peaks" is going to pull the franchise (For those who have never heard of "Twin Peaks", it is apparently a chain competing with Hooters and some other chain called "Tilted Kilt". :roll: :lol: )

Anyway, if you want more detailed discussion: http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=77637" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Whirlwind06 »

Sounds like an episode from Sons of Anarchy.
Art imitating life or life imitating art...
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

This happened or is happening in Waco... Read an AP story from that quoted a deputy as saying this is the worst crime scene that Waco has had in 35 years... He must have taken a few keys days off in April '93
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

The nice thing about avoiding those kinds of places and people is your only knowledge of them being in the news.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
fyrfytr310

Post by fyrfytr310 »

TJW815 wrote:This happened or is happening in Waco... Read an AP story from that quoted a deputy as saying this is the worst crime scene that Waco has had in 35 years... He must have taken a few keys days off in April '93
My thoughts exactly.
-Mike

NRA Life Member

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
Tench Coxe
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

TJW815 wrote:This happened or is happening in Waco... Read an AP story from that quoted a deputy as saying this is the worst crime scene that Waco has had in 35 years... He must have taken a few keys days off in April '93
I believe that he said something like "that I've seen in 35 years". He might not have been in Waco in '93.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sd790 »

This is not going to end well.

Texas biker gangs ordered to kill 'anyone in uniform'
WACO: Police have issued an Officer Safety Alert after credible information was received that the biker gangs involved in today's deadly shootout have been ordered to 'kill anyone in uniform'.
There is big push on the agenda of 'Dear Leader' to nationalize the police...how does this story fit that narrative?
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Voice

Post by Voice »

sd790 wrote:This is not going to end well.

Texas biker gangs ordered to kill 'anyone in uniform'
WACO: Police have issued an Officer Safety Alert after credible information was received that the biker gangs involved in today's deadly shootout have been ordered to 'kill anyone in uniform'.
There is big push on the agenda of 'Dear Leader' to nationalize the police...how does this story fit that narrative?
I don't know, how does *anything* fit into the narrative of a baseless conspiracy theory?