woman fatally shoots self in eye while adjusting holster

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Re: woman fatally shoots self in eye while adjusting holster

Postby Bruenor » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:37 pm

I don't see the flashbang, bra holster as being any more dangerous than many other types of carry. the slide and trigger is completely covered by the holster. There is a strap to attach the flashbang to the bra in the center, but my understanding is the bottom of the bra is lifted and the holster tucked under the bottom of the bra, the holster does not dangle by the strap. the firearm should be IN the holster when the holster is placed on the body, a Flashbang is not something you would typically reholster in while it's being worn. the holster itself is a formed Kydex clamshell that the firearm is inserted into, you can draw the pistol by pulling directly down out of the holster, or to the side.

If she was looking down the muzzle, her finger had to be on the trigger, so the firearm could not have been in the holster at the time of this incident. She may have been trying to reholster the firearm while wearing the holster, which imho is a bad idea.

My wife has a flashbang she carries with, I've already forwarded the article to her.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine
Bruenor

Postby Bruenor » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:39 pm

TSiWRX wrote:[ On a personal note, I'm about two of these http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/201 ... /23565411/ away from being able to bra-carry a full-sized pistol. ]

That's fiendishly evil... must try to resist...
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine
Bruenor

Postby TSiWRX » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:21 pm

WY_Not wrote:Damn. It is going to be a long weekend waiting for Monday to arrive. :twisted:

TSiWRX wrote:[ On a personal note, I'm about two of these http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/201 ... /23565411/ away from being able to bra-carry a full-sized pistol. ]

I'll text you a pic? :P :lol:

fyrfytr310 wrote:How many pigs must die for the American dream to become a reality?

Hey, bacon is delicious!!! Remember when Homer went to heaven? Yeah, it's like that! :arrow:

Bruenor wrote:That's fiendishly evil... must try to resist...

That's what I said, but I don't think I'm gonna be able to be good.....

----

Bruenor wrote:I don't see the flashbang, bra holster as being any more dangerous than many other types of carry. the slide and trigger is completely covered by the holster. There is a strap to attach the flashbang to the bra in the center, but my understanding is the bottom of the bra is lifted and the holster tucked under the bottom of the bra, the holster does not dangle by the strap. the firearm should be IN the holster when the holster is placed on the body, a Flashbang is not something you would typically reholster in while it's being worn. the holster itself is a formed Kydex clamshell that the firearm is inserted into, you can draw the pistol by pulling directly down out of the holster, or to the side.

If she was looking down the muzzle, her finger had to be on the trigger, so the firearm could not have been in the holster at the time of this incident. She may have been trying to reholster the firearm while wearing the holster, which imho is a bad idea.

That's pretty much what I was thinking - that this pretty much had to be software problems.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Previous

Return to In The News