Cleveland police ch 5(ABC) schedule gun 'buyback' Sept 6

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

BobK

Re: Cleveland police ch 5(ABC) schedule gun 'buyback' Sept 6

Post by BobK »

I wonder whatever happened to the Open Records request made by Jeff Garvas for last year's buyback?

Edited to add: Actually, it was two years ago (older I get, the faster time flies by . . .).
jgarvas wrote:
dan dan the XD40 man wrote:Most of the police werent too bothered by us, but one cop in particular was being a jerk.
Did you guys record it or get his contact info? I have a public records request all but written and I want to determine if I need to request anything special. What'd he do?
I couldn't find the post that discussed the content of the open records request. What I recall is asking for an inventory of the guns purchased and what was done with all of them.
Last edited by BobK on Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Good question.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
BobK

Post by BobK »

Reviewing the old thread, the police hassled people who were carrying signs. The suggestion was to get "CASH FOR GUNS" printed on a t-shirt. That becomes free speech.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Nobody was hassled last year that I know of. All they did was create a "safe zone" where we couldn't be. People carried signs with no issues.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

Pecker

Post by Pecker »

pirateguy191 wrote:Nobody was hassled last year that I know of. All they did was create a "safe zone" where we couldn't be. People carried signs with no issues.
Yup, a bit of an interaction in the morning as they got their crap together, then we were free to operate. One of the officers was actually reassuring citizens bringing in guns that they could sell to us without issue.
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by jgarvas »

OFCC is preparing to do something rather unorthodox and huge at this year's event. I am just curious how many people already intend to go to the event and/or are considering it? I have a solution to the sign issue that will be make it incredibly clear to anyone in line that they can sell their firearm if they're interested.

Who is going? Do any of you own FRS radios?
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
BriKuz

Post by BriKuz »

jgarvas wrote:OFCC is preparing to do something rather unorthodox and huge at this year's event. I am just curious how many people already intend to go to the event and/or are considering it? I have a solution to the sign issue that will be make it incredibly clear to anyone in line that they can sell their firearm if they're interested.

It is MY experience that when Mr. Garvis starts talking like this, he has a "bomb" to drop soon ;-) Makes me wish I was still in NE Ohio :twisted:
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

I will be there for sure. I do not own a radio.

Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

The first image that popped into my head is a large box truck with a huge sign on the side..

Wife will be in her firearms class, I'm considering heading down for this one,
Last edited by Bruenor on Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by jgarvas »

Bruenor wrote:The first image that popped into my head is a large box truck with a huge sign on the side..
Now THAT would be hilarious :)
Jeff Garvas, President

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

Bianchi?

Post by Bianchi? »

jgarvas wrote:OFCC is preparing to do something rather unorthodox and huge at this year's event. I am just curious how many people already intend to go to the event and/or are considering it? I have a solution to the sign issue that will be make it incredibly clear to anyone in line that they can sell their firearm if they're interested.

I have some.
I've had consistently good results with ether.
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by jgarvas »

Bianchi? wrote:

I have some.
There is a very good possibility we're going to pick a FRS channel and talk on it at the event. Maybe even blurt out that someone has a XYZ they'd like to sell to a private buyer. :)
Jeff Garvas, President

Is that you?

pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

jgarvas wrote:
Bianchi? wrote:

I have some.
There is a very good possibility we're going to pick a FRS channel and talk on it at the event. Maybe even blurt out that someone has a XYZ they'd like to sell to a private buyer. :)
I don't think we have to over think this. We didn't have any issues last year.

jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by jgarvas »

pirateguy191 wrote: I don't think we have to over think this. We didn't have any issues last year.
How many cars didn't see your signs? Oh and how late did it run and how early did you show up?
Jeff Garvas, President

Is that you?

Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

I can pickup the GMRS/FRS channels on my Baofeng, can't legally transmit on them with that radio, but I can certainly listen.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson