Milwaukee mall shooting today

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

dcludwig

Re: Milwaukee mall shooting today

Post by dcludwig »

pleasantguywhopacks wrote:
glocksmith wrote:The latest article states 3 dead and 4 wounded:

http://www.cincinnatibell.net/news/read ... %3E&ps=931

Aside from the tragedy of 3 lives lost, this is exactly the sort of fodder the Obama administration can use to get their much coveted "assault weapon ban reinstated on a permanent basis.
Not going to happen. Other than the usual Lib nannies in the legislature, no one wants to touch this.
Unfortunately, I'll have to disagree with you on this. I think he WILL reinstate it and will do so via executive order. He's already done it with illegal aliens and other items that would never have made it through congress. I hope I'm wrong, but I think he is just chomping at the bit to go after those gun-loving bible-clinging morons in the midwest.
U.S. Army 1968 - 1971
5th SFGA, 1st SF
Republic of Vietnam, March 1969 to May 1971

ALWAYS be aware of the letter of the law, because THEY may not be! --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLxPC6YKlA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

He keeps saying "dialog" he needs support and I don't think he will kill the party by going the EO route. It's just him trying to play to the base.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

To me, it matters little what a pol says. Rather, I watch what they do.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Another protective piece of paper failed

Private gun sale avoids background check

http://fox8.com/2012/10/23/spa-shooting ... nt-to-die/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
At a restraining order hearing Thursday, the wife, Zina, begged the court for protection, saying her husband would surely kill her.
The judge sided with her. Haughton was ordered to stay away from his wife for the next four years. He was forbidden from possessing a gun.

But on Saturday, he bought a .40-caliber handgun from a private seller. Wisconsin law only requires background checks for purchases from a dealer.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
BobK

Post by BobK »

The most recent issue of NRA's First Freedom has a chilling article listing all the steps he could implement via executive order and regulatory action and never have to deal with Congress.

It was absolutely chilling.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Rhino
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Rhino »

glocksmith wrote:
Rhino wrote:
glocksmith wrote:Aside from the tragedy of 3 lives lost, this is exactly the sort of fodder the Obama administration can use to get their much coveted "assault weapon ban reinstated on a permanent basis.
He used a handgun.
Doesn't matter Rhino. If I recall, the Clinton "assault weapon" ban included magazine capacity - which extended the ban's influence to include most semi-auto handguns. And, I don't think the current administration is concerned with splitting hairs over which type of firearm a particular shooter used - it's all the same to them.
The Clinton AWB didn't use magazine capacity for pistols.

(b) DEFINITION OF SEMIAUTOMATIC ASSAULT WEAPON.—Section
921(a) of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at
the end the following new paragraph:
(30) The term ‘semiautomatic assault weapon’ means—...

... (C) a semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept
a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of—
(i) an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol
outside of the pistol grip;
(ii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel
extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;
(iii) a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely
encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter
to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being
burned;
(iv) a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when
the pistol is unloaded; and
(v) a semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm;

And every gun may be the same to them, but that won't get the AWB reinstated because they aren't all the same to everyone else.
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
-- Samuel Adams

Condensed Guide to Ohio Concealed Carry Laws
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

dcludwig wrote:Unfortunately, I'll have to disagree with you on this. I think he WILL reinstate it and will do so via executive order. He's already done it with illegal aliens and other items that would never have made it through congress. I hope I'm wrong, but I think he is just chomping at the bit to go after those gun-loving bible-clinging morons in the midwest.
This is the belief of a friend of mine. And he thinks it's even more likely should he lose 11/6 (or whenever the lawyers/courts finally decide the election is over). I pointed out EOs can be rescinded just as easily as they're written. His reply? "Yeah, but would they be? Look at all the EPA-related EOs Clinton issued that we're still dealing with..." I didn't have a snappy comeback for that.
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.