Milwaukee mall shooting today

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

glocksmith

Milwaukee mall shooting today

Post by glocksmith »

Allegedly, there are 7 victims in a Milwaukee area mall "mass shooting".

http://www.mercurynews.com/nation-world ... source=rss
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
deanimator

Re: Milwaukee mall shooting today

Post by deanimator »

The media really needs to focus on the shooter and make sure everybody knows everything there is to know about him.

These mass shooters really hate public attention and turning them into celebrities is the best way to prevent these sorts of crimes in the future... :roll:

...that and disarming their potential victims.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
gmhiggins

Post by gmhiggins »

Online court records showed a temporary restraining order was issued against Haughton in Milwaukee County Circuit Court on Oct. 8 because of a domestic abuse complaint.
I guess they never told him he isn't supposed to have guns anymore.
Brookfield Police Lt. John Beth said a bomb squad from the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department was at the spa. He wouldn't say why the unit was there but said it was not routine to have it respond to a shooting.
Now, if the suspect did indeed have explosives, where would have have gotten that idea from? I seem to recall seeing something on TV a few times about shooting a place up and having some explosives, don't know how much coverage it had, though /sarcasm
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

Why am I a little suspicious of the “domestic gone public” explanation in the opening of this article? Of course, there’s always the press’s propensity to err at the outset, but looking at the balance of the article the LE/emergency response seems to be far out of proportion to a lone gunman.

http://fox6now.com/2012/10/21/report-br ... earby-spa/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Obviously, I also note the silliness of the statement:
Online court records showed a temporary restraining order was issued against Haughton in Milwaukee County Circuit Court on Oct. 8 because of a domestic abuse complaint.
...from the article linked by the OP.
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

The latest article states 3 dead and 4 wounded:

http://www.cincinnatibell.net/news/read ... %3E&ps=931

Aside from the tragedy of 3 lives lost, this is exactly the sort of fodder the Obama administration can use to get their much coveted "assault weapon ban reinstated on a permanent basis.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Has the media identified which You Tube video that may have caused this situation?
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Tweed Ring wrote:Has the media identified which You Tube video that may have caused this situation?
:)
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

The shooting, while "not optimal," is not as severe as a dead ambassador "bump in the road."
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

Those darn TRO's are not working...Guess we need a tougher penalty for ignoring them..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

glocksmith wrote:The latest article states 3 dead and 4 wounded:

http://www.cincinnatibell.net/news/read ... %3E&ps=931

Aside from the tragedy of 3 lives lost, this is exactly the sort of fodder the Obama administration can use to get their much coveted "assault weapon ban reinstated on a permanent basis.
Not going to happen. Other than the usual Lib nannies in the legislature, no one wants to touch this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
fisher

Post by fisher »

I get that schools can lock down because they are in the custody if minors. But can a private business really go into " lock down" on its adult customers? It says the mall prohibited people from leaving. For all I know, there cuould be a shooter in the mall. Can Paul Blart really detain me against my will on the property of his employer? I think not.
"If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot"
-Joe Deters, Hamilton County Prosecutor
(Chant) Hey Hey, Ho Ho, This Nanny-State Has Got To Go. (Everyone, sing along).....
-Me
" I know what dude I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!"
-Kirk Lazarus
http://www.patriotguard.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.gunbanobama.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rhino
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Rhino »

glocksmith wrote:Aside from the tragedy of 3 lives lost, this is exactly the sort of fodder the Obama administration can use to get their much coveted "assault weapon ban reinstated on a permanent basis.
He used a handgun.
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
-- Samuel Adams

Condensed Guide to Ohio Concealed Carry Laws
Birdman

Post by Birdman »

I hear a guy and his father were returning from duck hunting and were very close to the shooting. A woman came out of the spa and was banging on car hoods to get help. I think the duck hunters also saw a man coming out of the spa with a handgun.
Too bad they were unable to put some steel shot into the murderer.
“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people’s minds”-Sam Adams

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
- Mark Twain, Notebook, 1935
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Rhino wrote:He used a handgun.
Undoubtedly a "cheap" one. Not that anyone was prophetic Tuesday night. Our government would never consider such plans, that would be wrong.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Rhino wrote:
glocksmith wrote:Aside from the tragedy of 3 lives lost, this is exactly the sort of fodder the Obama administration can use to get their much coveted "assault weapon ban reinstated on a permanent basis.
He used a handgun.
Doesn't matter Rhino. If I recall, the Clinton "assault weapon" ban included magazine capacity - which extended the ban's influence to include most semi-auto handguns. And, I don't think the current administration is concerned with splitting hairs over which type of firearm a particular shooter used - it's all the same to them.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!