Mob picks on "The Wrong Guy"

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Mob picks on "The Wrong Guy"

Post by dl1911 »

I've come across several stories of mobs playing the knockout game. This one shows a failure in the victim selection process in Conn. Do think the victim should have called the police immediately after. Has anyone heard of this happening in Ohio?

http://www.wnd.com/2012/10/black-mob-pi ... wrong-guy/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers
SC-JG

Re: Mob picks on "The Wrong Guy"

Post by SC-JG »

dl1911 wrote: Do think the victim should have called the police immediately after. Has anyone heard of this happening in Ohio?
Yes, calling the police would have been the ideal approach.
Yes, it has happened in Ohio.
6 young teens beat man in Cincinnati suburb because 'they were just bored'
...peace out
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

That was quite an article. So the person who defended himself is known and the police ruled it justifiable self defense....

You know, liberalism & Good intentions create places and enable people to act this way.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Guy should have immediately called the police and claimed his victim status. Always. No matter how few the attackers, nor their age.

In the Cleveland area known as the Flats, feral, under-served, urban yute of both genders, played this and similar games in the mid-1970's. Back then, there were a myriad of beatings and robberies for cash and jewelry. There used to be an annual festival in the Flats, but it was cancelled when the corporations refused to pony up the cash for much-needed extra cash donations for security.

I recall reading that during the last such outing, one horse-mounted police officer was hit in the head by a thrown brick. He was hospitalized for a while, and what saved his life was the brick struck his riot helmet.

That was all I needed to dis-invite myself from that area of Cleveland.