Got shot ??? Just sue the gun manufacturer.....

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

docachna

Got shot ??? Just sue the gun manufacturer.....

Post by docachna »

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/ny-appe ... gun-maker/
“Cases like this send a powerful message to those bad apples in the gun industry who want to profit from the criminal gun trade thinking that they‘re above the law and they’ll never have to pay the cost when innocent people are shot,” he said. “And cases like this send a message that even if you don’t care about the human consequences, if you care about your bottom line you should act responsibly.”

Oh, brother.....
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Klingon00

Re: Got shot ??? Just sue the gun manufacturer.....

Post by Klingon00 »

Interesting that the made in Ohio Hi-Point is at the center of this. The old anti lie that cheap firearms are made only for criminals strikes again. I'd like to know just what crime Hi-Point is supposed to be guilty of. Aren't they jumping the gun by allowing a lawsuit without a conviction that demonstrates criminal misconduct first? It seems to me that PLCAA should stand here. Am I missing something?
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Don't these guys realize that they missed the wave of this nonsense? It was about 12 years ago and they all failed.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
CCWInstructor

Post by CCWInstructor »

With this logic I should be able to sue GM if I get hit by a Chevy!?!?!
Joel C/CCWInstructor_________________________________________________________________________________
If John Browning developed a handsgun, he would have put a 12 inch grip on it!
SigMan

Post by SigMan »

It's completely logical in this day and age. Everything that's right is wrong and wrong is right.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure. - THOMAS JEFFERSON, letter to William Stephens Smith, November 13, 1787.

You can have Freedom or Free things but not both, choose one!
dan2286

Post by dan2286 »

So the student who got shot by the apple app should be able to sue apple :D
Mrs. Daspirate

Post by Mrs. Daspirate »

dan2286 wrote:So the student who got shot by the apple app should be able to sue apple :D
AND the kid who got suspended for it too.

If a company's guns incite criminal activity that would otherwise not have occurred, then obviously the shooter is not to blame, so he can sue as well, right....? :wink:
"Cultivators of the earth are the most valuable citizens. They are the most vigorous, the most independant, the most virtuous, and they are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bands."
-Thomas Jefferson
MrKitty

Post by MrKitty »

Sevens wrote:Don't these guys realize that they missed the wave of this nonsense? It was about 12 years ago and they all failed.
They must've forgotten. =)
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
-Thomas Paine
Bombarde32
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Bombarde32 »

I can't resist...Image
MrKitty

Post by MrKitty »

Bombarde32 wrote:I can't resist...Image

Love it! =D
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
-Thomas Paine
roughsawn

Post by roughsawn »

Shouldn't the ammo manufacturer also be named on the lawsuit? After all, it wasn't the gun that caused damage, it was the bullet! :)
Working on a Sig line. So far, I have a P250, a 938, and an Ultra!

http://myreloadingbench.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

roughsawn wrote:Shouldn't the ammo manufacturer also be named on the lawsuit? After all, it wasn't the gun that caused damage, it was the bullet! :)
If the wound has traces of copper, lead, primer chemicals and gunpowder residue, there's the incriminating evidence to go after the raw materials suppliers as well; no reason to let them off the hook. Mo' money for the predator shootee, and his pro-bono lawyers. :|