Police Warn "Enter Detroit at your own risk"

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Police Warn "Enter Detroit at your own risk"

Post by Werz »

JediSkipdogg wrote:I personally don't care if my next door neighbor is running a drug lab or brothel out of their place, just keep it inside and I'm cool.
Until his shake-and-bake meth lab lights up. Remember to replace the batteries in your smoke alarm.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Werz wrote:
JediSkipdogg wrote:I personally don't care if my next door neighbor is running a drug lab or brothel out of their place, just keep it inside and I'm cool.
Until his shake-and-bake meth lab lights up. Remember to replace the batteries in your smoke alarm.
Unless it's an Al Qaeda brothel, I'm not too worried about the hookers exploding...
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Werz wrote:
If it's legal and regulated it would most likely be much safer and one wouldn't have to worry about being safe. Instead now people buy glass jugs and other off the shelf items that doesn't make them look suspicious. Legallize it and sell a proper baking container that can handle and mishaps in pressure and post the correct recipes online and you won't have half the problems.

With hookers, alot say STDs would skyrocket. Well, Nevada is very well regulated and has one of the lowest STD rates in the country. And they make a fortune off of it.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

^ Taxing the vast underground industries ....... what a novel idea! Democrats should jump on that one.
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

Keep in mind people that in Detroit Marijuana is legal w/ card. IE Detroit City police aren't making arrest for it. I know the Feds say its illegal but you dont' see them caring to much about the city.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

bignflnut wrote:Here's another Police (Chief) story out of Detroit (warning: disturbing images):
Detroit has yet another high-ranking scandal this week. This time it is the Police Chief Ralph Godbee who has been suspended with pay...

None of this seems to produce any serious changes in Detroit which continues to elect and appoint officials who are corrupt, incompetent, or depraved . . . or all of the above.
The police chief resigned.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/09/us/de ... andal.html
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

wkdravenna wrote:Keep in mind people that in Detroit Marijuana is legal w/ card. IE Detroit City police aren't making arrest for it. I know the Feds say its illegal but you dont' see them caring to much about the city.
I think it's on the ballot in like 5 states this year to legallize it at some level and tax it. I use to watch that marijuana show on TV and it was actually kind of interesting. They always talked how much money they brought in, how much taxes they paid, how many people they employed (including how many growers), and said the cities tried to shut them down time after time yet they could never produce a single crime problem related to their operation and they said they paid millions in taxes for how small they were.

I'm interested in seeing how many states legallize it and how much crime lowers because of it.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
wkdravenna wrote:Keep in mind people that in Detroit Marijuana is legal w/ card. IE Detroit City police aren't making arrest for it. I know the Feds say its illegal but you dont' see them caring to much about the city.
I think it's on the ballot in like 5 states this year to legallize it at some level and tax it. I use to watch that marijuana show on TV and it was actually kind of interesting. They always talked how much money they brought in, how much taxes they paid, how many people they employed (including how many growers), and said the cities tried to shut them down time after time yet they could never produce a single crime problem related to their operation and they said they paid millions in taxes for how small they were.

I'm interested in seeing how many states legallize it and how much crime lowers because of it.

Well, since our Legislators legalized alcohol, I haven't heard of any more St. Valentine's day massacres during a discussion of a truckload of booze; lot'sa killings during weed transactions though. :|
ArcherAce

Post by ArcherAce »

JediSkipdogg wrote: yet they could never produce a single crime problem related to their operation.
Just like concealed carry?
"Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets."