Dearborn PD in hot water over HIV

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Dearborn PD in hot water over HIV

Post by bignflnut »

"Officer safety" / the war on drugs claims another victim in Dearbornistan.
Story
... a videotaped traffic stop shows an officer telling a woman he’s writing a ticket because she failed to reveal she’s HIV positive before he searched her vehicle.

Dearborn police Chief Ronald Haddad told The Detroit News he takes the matter “very seriously” and is investigating the Aug. 3 stop.
So if you are carrying a handgun, you need to notify. If your blood is tainted, you need to notify.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Dearborn PD in hot water over HIV

Post by steves 50de »

bignflnut wrote:"Officer safety" / the war on drugs claims another victim in Dearbornistan.
Story
... a videotaped traffic stop shows an officer telling a woman he’s writing a ticket because she failed to reveal she’s HIV positive before he searched her vehicle.

Dearborn police Chief Ronald Haddad told The Detroit News he takes the matter “very seriously” and is investigating the Aug. 3 stop.
So if you are carrying a handgun, you need to notify. If your blood is tainted, you need to notify.
If she refused the search and he went and searched anyway that's his tough luck. :P
Black Rifles Matter
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

Dearborn is a Diverse Community. I don't know why you call it Dearbornistan in refrence to this video. The "east" downtown dearborn isn't really an arab area. Where as the "west" downtown (Michigan & Schaffer) is also off Ford/Warren rds near Schaffer Area is pretty heavily arabic I can see you calling it that side of town and perhaps part of Dearborn Hts but thats a little unfair to the rest of the city.

Dearborn and Dearborn Heights is also the home to alot of Whites & Blacks. The Headquarters of Ford and it looks a lot nicer then Detroit. Besides I ddin't see any Arabic people in this video.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
dan dan the XD40 man

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

I am not bignflnut, nor do I presume to speak for him, but when I read "Dearbornistan", I construe it as a reference to the "war zone" like atmosphere that the Detroit area has earned the reputation of having, not the ethnic make up of it's inhabitants.
Poop!
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Not my term...many use it for various reasons ( Here, here,here, here). It's more about the legal influence than anything else. Which is why the Free State Project should work (in theory). Like minded people in same geographic area can heavily influence said area.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

Get Real, even in Dearborn and Dearborn Hts Arabs are still in the Minority. I think I know I go to dearborn once a week normally. You calling it Dearbornistan is an Insult to Henry Dearborn an American Hero and Patriot of the Revolution. A large percentage of Lebaneese who live there are Christians. Its a small population of about 20,000 who are new arrival muslims. It will ware off, american freedom's have a way of eroding the strict rules in their families. I see it when ever I talk to them.

The Muslims are doing better then the FSP last I heard NH only has attracted first 1000 of 10,000 while there are 41,000 Arab's in dearborn. . . (not all who are muslim)

I see you've changed the title. So you probably agree anyways. Don't insult my American hero's :lol:
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

I didn't change anything. Dearbornistan is a common term these days.

wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

bignflnut wrote:I didn't change anything. Dearbornistan is a common term these days.
Its still insulting. Why not Washingtonistan or Woosteristan or Starkistan county why not pick on more revolutionary war heros ? Fort Wayneistan ? Trumbullistan county ?

Its insulting because it just pushes this agenda that Dearborn is 100% Arab Renegade city when its not the case. I am sure if you just read what's on the internet all day that is what you think but if you go there an explore you will see its a white suburb too.

Arabs brought us I-Phones (Steve Jobs, Syrain) They serve with honor in our Millitary IE General & Army Ranger John Abizaid, They run for president Ralph Nader and there are more examples. The guy from Monk the tv show I forget his name but I know he is Arab. You know they make up 0.42% of the population here yet we obsess about them so much on the Internet. I hate to break it to you but calling it that is just a small little way to hate on a very major minority group. They face enough garbage about them on the internet. I don't think you mean to do it, but its hateful and its completely unfair since Dearborn Comprises of mostly suburban whites & corpate workers who work at Ford Motor company. Its not acceptable, I love you bigflnut, I love liberty and freedom but I don't buy that its okay just to pick on the smallest minority population we have just because you've read things on the internet put there by people that have an obvious vendetta against them.
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

dan dan the XD40 man wrote:I am not bignflnut, nor do I presume to speak for him, but when I read "Dearbornistan", I construe it as a reference to the "war zone" like atmosphere that the Detroit area has earned the reputation of having, not the ethnic make up of it's inhabitants.
Dan, Dearborn is Dearborn, its far from Detroit. They actually have police, lots of them in brand new explorers and ford Tauruses and they patrol the heck out of the city. I don't think its lawless. If you call Dearborn PD they come quick, now Detroit that's different.

wkdravenna wrote:
bignflnut wrote:I didn't change anything. Dearbornistan is a common term these days.
Its still insulting. Why not Washingtonistan or Woosteristan or Starkistan county why not pick on more revolutionary war heros ? Fort Wayneistan ? Trumbullistan county ?

Its insulting because it just pushes this agenda that Dearborn is 100% Arab Renegade city when its not the case. I am sure if you just read what's on the internet all day that is what you think but if you go there an explore you will see its a white suburb too.

Arabs brought us I-Phones (Steve Jobs, Syrain) They serve with honor in our Millitary IE General & Army Ranger John Abizaid, They run for president Ralph Nader and there are more examples. The guy from Monk the tv show I forget his name but I know he is Arab. You know they make up 0.42% of the population here yet we obsess about them so much on the Internet. I hate to break it to you but calling it that is just a small little way to hate on a very major minority group. They face enough garbage about them on the internet. I don't think you mean to do it, but its hateful and its completely unfair since Dearborn Comprises of mostly suburban whites & corpate workers who work at Ford Motor company. Its not acceptable, I love you bigflnut, I love liberty and freedom but I don't buy that its okay just to pick on the smallest minority population we have just because you've read things on the internet put there by people that have an obvious vendetta against them.
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

dan dan the XD40 man wrote:I am not bignflnut, nor do I presume to speak for him, but when I read "Dearbornistan", I construe it as a reference to the "war zone" like atmosphere that the Detroit area has earned the reputation of having, not the ethnic make up of it's inhabitants.
Dan, Dearborn is Dearborn, its far from Detroit. They actually have police, lots of them in brand new explorers and ford Tauruses and they patrol the heck out of the city. I don't think its lawless. If you call Dearborn PD they come quick, now Detroit that's different.

wkdravenna wrote:

evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

I think we'll just shut this down now.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.