Armed Citizen in TX Stops Shooting Spree

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Armed Citizen in TX Stops Shooting Spree

Post by TSiWRX »

^ :D But now that guy's gonna insist that it's yards!

Heck, I certainly would. :lol:

----

Only slightly less embarrassing would be my buddy's sister, who called her dad after she got an apartment for college, and took room measurements to insure that the furniture would fit. Time comes for the move in, and nothing was going right. Why? She somehow got a meter-stick instead of a yard-stick. Go figure. Possibly explained by the fact that she once drove home with a road-construction cone attached to her rearview mirror, and didn't notice until she'd gotten out of the car.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Slowpoke

Post by Slowpoke »

150 feet is still good shooting...but I think I could make that shot myself. Hard for me to accept 150 yards when I don't think I could do 4 of 5 at that distance and I practice ALOT (and thats without the target shooting back).
Those who would give up Essential Liberty
to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

- Ben Franklin
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

^ Hey, I don't think the target shot back at him, either. :D :wink: :lol:

I'm decent at 35-40, not great, but better than minute-of-man. :oops: :lol: No lead flying back at me, either, of-course!

I'd really like to do some longer-distance pistol work, to both see what's physically possible as well as to help further my own learning of the fundamentals of pistolcraft. :)
Slowpoke

Post by Slowpoke »

TSiWRX wrote:^ Hey, I don't think the target shot back at him, either. :D :wink: :lol:

He was taking fire. This guy was good (just not 165 yrds good).

"I saw him turn the gun around toward my direction and I saw him throw another one in the chamber and he took another shot at me. And that’s when I put three more in him," said Stacy.
Those who would give up Essential Liberty
to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

- Ben Franklin
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

^ Oh Doh! I don't know how I missed that! :oops:

Thank you for the correction.

That *is* good! :shock:
Rhino
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Rhino »

Javelin Man wrote:The article states the police officer was outgunned because he was only using an AR-15 and the BG had a pistol behind a tree. :roll:
Connor had an AR-15.

http://gunowners.org/sdc08272012b.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It doesn't say that until about two thirds of the way down the page.
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
-- Samuel Adams

Condensed Guide to Ohio Concealed Carry Laws
Rhino
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Rhino »

Slowpoke wrote:He was taking fire. This guy was good (just not 165 yrds good).
And the RV park isn't that big.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q147 ... RVPark.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
-- Samuel Adams

Rhino
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Rhino »

Rhino wrote:
Javelin Man wrote:The article states the police officer was outgunned because he was only using an AR-15 and the BG had a pistol behind a tree. :roll:
Connor had an AR-15.

http://gunowners.org/sdc08272012b.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It doesn't say that until about two thirds of the way down the page.
Now I have to correct myself. The official press release said he had a 30-30.

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews ... 8f.pdf.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That takes us back to wondering how the cop was outgunned. Maybe the media made that up for 'effect'.

-- Samuel Adams

Sky Pilot

Post by Sky Pilot »

I tend to believe the man did use a .357 effectively at this distance.
I know what a four inch .357 can do at 150 yards, for that was the length of my best friend's field just east of his house.
Whether this tall Texan's engagement distance was measured in feet, meters or yards, he made a good shot and argued powerfully and most convincingly on behalf of the lawman whose life was threatened.
Center Township Combat Pistol League
TARDIS driver, NRA Endowment!
"I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett
Rhino
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Rhino »

Sky Pilot wrote:I tend to believe the man did use a .357 effectively at this distance.
Could have used maybe, but not did use in this case. The RV park is too small for him to have been that far away.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q147 ... RVPark.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Either "yards" was a misprint, or sensationalism by some journalist.

-- Samuel Adams