Bystander Shot During Police-Involved Shooting

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Bystander Shot During Police-Involved Shooting

Post by cashman966 »

Bystander Shot During Police-Involved Shooting Expected To Be OK
Police said that as they approached the vehicle, Wiegand allegedly pulled out of the parking space at a high rate of speed and drove at the officers.

The officers shot, and Wiegand was struck in the chest.

Another round, perhaps a ricochet, struck a bystander who was about 100 feet across the parking lot.

The bystander, 29-year-old Heather Garrett was struck in the back by the bullet. She had just exited a car with her fiancé.

Garrett was taken to The Ohio State University Medical Center, and is expected to be OK.

"I promised her fiancé today when we were up there and we were talking to him -- he is very mad at us. He is very mad at police. And you know what? We understand that," said Columbus police Sgt. Rich Weiner.
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.
JediSkipdogg

Re: Bystander Shot During Police-Involved Shooting

Post by JediSkipdogg »

I'm confused....
I promised her fiancé today
Promsed him what? IMO, this will be another one of the wrong place wrong time situations.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Bystander Shot During Police-Involved Shooting

Post by cashman966 »

JediSkipdogg wrote:I'm confused....
I promised her fiancé today
Promsed him what? IMO, this will be another one of the wrong place wrong time situations.
I think the quote is from poor video editing. The story is pretty much transcribed from the video, my guess is he promised the fiance a thorough investigation to determine if the shooting occurred due to negligence which he spoke about later in the interview.
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.