Red White and Boom flashmob?

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Tweed Ring

Re: Red White and Boom flashmob?

Post by Tweed Ring »

Indian country was typically unsafe for travelers (not the Irish Travelers) unless they were accompanied by a company of armed cavalry. It appears RW&B is no exception.

I agree the courts leave something to be desired. My answer to the crime problem has always been the same: more cops; more prosecutors; more judges, more jails and more prisons.
BobK

Post by BobK »

Tweed Ring wrote:My answer to the crime problem has always been the same: more cops; more prosecutors; more judges, more jails and more prisons.
I partially agree, but I would make some edits to the statement:

"My answer to the crime problem has always been the same: more cops; more prosecutors; more judges, more jails and more prisons and more public hangings in the courthouse square."

Easier to build more gallows than more prisons. :D
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

They have a gallows on the old Tombstone Az. courthose building grounds, which is now a state-run museum. Stop to look at that thing it gets ya thinking.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

OhioPaints wrote:No, the ideal situation would be for police and the politicians to do their job.
But WHAT "job" would that BE?

Certainly not to protect you as an individual.

I have ZERO expectation of being "protected" by the state from crime.

I vehemently DEMAND that the state not prevent ME from protecting MYSELF.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Didn't go. Problems avoided. Situation ideal.
MyWifeSaidYes
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Tweed Ring wrote:Indian country was typically unsafe for travelers (not the Irish Travelers) unless they were accompanied by a company of armed cavalry. It appears RW&B is no exception.
Strangely though, it was fairly safe for Indians, mainly because they didn't expect an Indian to LET another Indian rob or murder them.
Tweed Ring wrote:I agree the courts leave something to be desired. My answer to the crime problem has always been the same: more cops; more prosecutors; more judges, more jails and more prisons.
NONE of that's going to help you if you're set upon by one or ten hoodlums.

I don't want to be avenged. I want to be protected, and the ONLY person who's going to do that is ME.
OhioPaints

Post by OhioPaints »

deanimator wrote:
OhioPaints wrote:No, the ideal situation would be for police and the politicians to do their job.
To arrest and punish those committing crimes.

If that is not their job, then let's just eliminate the police and courts and save all that taxmoney.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

OhioPaints wrote:
deanimator wrote:
To arrest and punish those committing crimes.

If that is not their job, then let's just eliminate the police and courts and save all that taxmoney.
It'd be nice if they did that, but it's certainly going to do NOTHING for you when you're confronted by a violent assailant.

In that circumstance, you're going to protect yourself or not get protected at all.
OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by OldManTod »

HancockCountyHAl wrote:Fireworks riots were also reported in Maple Heights and Shaker Heights.
Does anyone have first hand knowledge of these and reports of shots fired?
Hmmmmmm.. No riots or mobs in northern medina county - I wonder what the difference is?
"I feel sorry for you people who do not drink, when you wake up in the morning, that is as good as you are going to feel all day." - Dean
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Medina ends in a vowel?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Expansion of Cleveland's urban paradise central city has yet to come to Medina. Given time, and the current population movement patterns, it will so arrive.

At one time, many sane, honest, hard-working people of all stripes aspired to move to Cleveland Heights, Shaker Heights, Euclid, and similar "ring" suburbs. I do not see the ring burbs as safe, except for an occasional day-time visit.

But, clearly, our diversity is our strength...
dynamike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dynamike »

I attended RW&B and was not aware of such an event. I did hear gunfire as we walked north on HIgh street between W 1st and Price. I shutter to think how that series of events would've played out had any one of one those thugs assaulted me or any of my friends.
Mike

I am an engineering statistician, US Submarine Veteran, avid motorcyclist, and staunch supporter of Liberty.

Ohio Director Students for Concealed Carry
dynamike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dynamike »

To say that the majority of replies to that letter are racist is an understatement. Now, people will be distracted from the real issue, just like they are with another case somewhere else.
Mike

I am an engineering statistician, US Submarine Veteran, avid motorcyclist, and staunch supporter of Liberty.

Ohio Director Students for Concealed Carry
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

dynamike wrote:I attended RW&B and was not aware of such an event. I did hear gunfire as we walked north on HIgh street between W 1st and Price. I shutter to think how that series of events would've played out had any one of one those thugs assaulted me or any of my friends.
As a trainer, I'm interested. What does one do when one is violently set upon by 30 or more playful, yet oppressed, yutes?
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Tweed Ring wrote:
dynamike wrote:I attended RW&B and was not aware of such an event. I did hear gunfire as we walked north on HIgh street between W 1st and Price. I shutter to think how that series of events would've played out had any one of one those thugs assaulted me or any of my friends.
As a trainer, I'm interested. What does one do when one is violently set upon by 30 or more playful, yet oppressed, yutes?
Reload. Frequently.
MyWifeSaidYes