WA Burglar shot in face w shotgun

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

BobK

WA Burglar shot in face w shotgun

Post by BobK »

Well, if people are tired of the .380 vs 9mm vs .45 arguing, we can always resurrect the birdshot versus buckshot argument. :twisted:

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/komo/art ... 648391.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://gunssavelives.net/self-defense/v ... -the-face/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

After being shot at point blank range in the face with a shotgun, the burglar ran for half a block before collapsing.

Want to bet the shotgun was loaded with birdshot? If he had been using buckshot or slugs, I don't believe Clint Eastwood's line about "blow your head clean off" is literally true, but I also doubt the guy would run half a block.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Orochimaru

Re: WA Burglar shot in face w shotgun

Post by Orochimaru »

From the article:
The investigation is ongoing, but Fulghum said it appears the resident was in fear for his life and protecting himself.
"If you're in fear for your safety or the safety of your family, friends or others, you have the right to protect yourself or protect them," he said.
Mr. Fulghum is from the Tacoma PD. Good to hear him say this, because I agree 1000%.

Oh -- and birdshot for sure. A 12 gauge at close range CAN "blow your head clean off" if loaded with the right ammo.
The second amendment is why we're citizens and not subjects...

‎"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." St. Augustine A.D. 354-430
dan dan the XD40 man

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

This riled me up a little.
Neighbors say they were shocked to learn about the shooting.

"It's very unusual," said Samantha Hampton, who lives nearby. "This is a really peaceful neighborhood. Nobody really causes problems around here, so it's kind of scary."

Emphasis mine.

Im not sure why the author chose that particular set of words.
Poop!
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

Effectively stopped the intruder from his illegal activity. Birdshot may not be a one shot man stopper but its a dissuading tool. My first round in the shotgun is a round of birdshot. Easily ejected with two quick pulls of the trigger or manually. Odds are I'll need it for vermin in the yard before I need buck for two legged intruders.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA