Bullied Bus Monitor Gets A Lot Of Support

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

gilly32
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Bullied Bus Monitor Gets A Lot Of Support

Post by gilly32 »

This link contains a video of an elderly bus monitor getting verbally abused by a group of middle school kids. It is saddening to see how these kids treat this poor woman.

http://www.indiegogo.com/loveforkarenhklein?c=home

Fortunately, this has an unexpected outcome.

The video has gone viral, and someone set up this webpage to solicit donations to raise $5000 to send her on a vacation. In less than two days, almost $200,000 has beed contributed.
"The right to keep and bear arms is rooted in both self-defense and insurance against government’s propensity toward tyranny. The right pre-existed the Constitution. Thus, the Second Amendment is not its source. The right to keep and bear arms is natural and inalienable; the Second Amendment protects it, and Congress has no legitimate power to restrict it." - Senator John Cornyn (R., Tex.), as reported in the National Review on July 4, 2016

Burma Shave
OHIOSTEVE

Re: Bullied Bus Monitor Gets A Lot Of Support

Post by OHIOSTEVE »

I watched about 3 minutes of that video...I would pay money to get to physically beat those kids into a pile of mush then start on their parents. Even as a kid who LOVED to fight I despised a bully.
parbreaker

Post by parbreaker »

OHIOSTEVE wrote:I watched about 3 minutes of that video...I would pay money to get to physically beat those kids into a pile of mush then start on their parents. Even as a kid who LOVED to fight I despised a bully.
My father just watched the video and said the exact same thing. His quote was, "I've never felt like this before but I would love to be able just beat those kids with my fists." I've never seen my father raise a fist for anything, either.

I must say I feel the same way. The levels of abuse that these kids reached is appauling. I truly feel sorry for Karen and she deserves every bit of support she gets.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington
MrKitty

Post by MrKitty »

No one should be subject to that. You could see how hurt she was but trying to keep strong. Up to $353,000 now.
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
-Thomas Paine
Bianchi?

Post by Bianchi? »

My last shred of hope for humanity just got destroyed by that video.

Corporal punishment in school needs to come back. My mom always tells of paddlings in her school. They would line up all the bad kids in the auditorium (with everyone watching, of course), and the vice principle would just walk down the line with his paddle giving everyone a good swat.
I've had consistently good results with ether.
Mrs. Daspirate

Post by Mrs. Daspirate »

Bianchi? wrote:Corporal punishment in school needs to come back.
There are still a few states that allow it. I think maybe South Carolina is one. They look down on it, but they'll let you do it. One of my college friends went into teaching and she said she was only going to look for jobs in the states and school systems that allowed it, because she wouldn't teach otherwise.

I'm glad that lady's getting so much support, but I hope the kids get a lesson too, or it means nothing.
"Cultivators of the earth are the most valuable citizens. They are the most vigorous, the most independant, the most virtuous, and they are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bands."
-Thomas Jefferson
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

gilly32 wrote:This link contains a video of an elderly bus monitor getting verbally abused by a group of middle school kids. It is saddening to see how these kids treat this poor woman.
I can only hope that there was sufficient visibility of the little punks' faces to embarrass their parents.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
Cmazzac

Post by Cmazzac »

Werz wrote:
gilly32 wrote:This link contains a video of an elderly bus monitor getting verbally abused by a group of middle school kids. It is saddening to see how these kids treat this poor woman.
I can only hope that there was sufficient visibility of the little punks' faces to embarrass their parents.
I would love to hear what the parents had to say for these derelicts...
Orochimaru

Post by Orochimaru »

Cmazzac wrote: I would love to hear what the parents had to say for these derelicts...
Sadly, there is a decent chance they'll "stand up for their kids..."

In my day, this would have resulted in some bruised backsides... first at school, then again at home...
The second amendment is why we're citizens and not subjects...

‎"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." St. Augustine A.D. 354-430
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Orochimaru wrote:
Cmazzac wrote: I would love to hear what the parents had to say for these derelicts...
Sadly, there is a decent chance they'll "stand up for their kids..."

In my day, this would have resulted in some bruised backsides... first at school, then again at home...
Sadly I see a 50/50 split of parents that care. Of half the juvenile delinquents we arrest or just pick up and use the "parental" method of justice, the parents stick up for the kids. We have one mom that her kid is a POS of the lowest kind and she sticks up for him 100%. Funny part is, his step dad doesn't and always gives us consent to search his room for the stolen goods. :mrgreen:

Parents don't want to be parents anymore.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Cmazzac

Post by Cmazzac »

Then again I would gladly let middle schoolers make fun of me for 353000 dollars, but I know that's not the point...
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Cmazzac wrote:Then again I would gladly let middle schoolers make fun of me for 353000 dollars, but I know that's not the point...
There''s always a bigger bully. :wink: And they come cheap at that age. $353,000 - $600 iPad gift = trouble for the punks.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

JediSkipdogg wrote:Sadly I see a 50/50 split of parents that care.
That's pretty standard. For the kids whose parents are horrified by what they see, there will probably be substantial "attitude adjustment."

And for those whose parents defend them, we just reserve another prison cell. And when mommy tells the judge that "he's basically a good boy," there will always be that video. :D
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
Cmazzac

Post by Cmazzac »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
Cmazzac wrote:Then again I would gladly let middle schoolers make fun of me for 353000 dollars, but I know that's not the point...
There''s always a bigger bully. :wink: And they come cheap at that age. $353,000 - $600 iPad gift = trouble for the punks.
These kids will pay for this in more ways than they realize, this will follow them for a long time.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

With donations now tipping $450K + Looks like the joke is on the kids.

Karen should be able to retire now and not have to make another bus monitoring ride, or put up with a bunch of disrespectful little brats EVER again. Guess that's what happens when you "try to live by these words" as she said.

Good for her.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson