George Zimmerman's Reenactment of Trayvon Martin Shooting

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

gmhiggins

Re: George Zimmerman's Reenactment of Trayvon Martin Shootin

Post by gmhiggins »

From that same article that Vex linked that I found interesting, almost an answer to the question "If he was being attacked, why wasn't he treated/sent home"
“I have a broken nose. She says I could use stitches, but she’d rather not put them in — as long as I didn’t mess with my head. My skin is already healing nicely,” Zimmerman said at the end of a video where he walked through the scene with investigators the day after the shooting. “She says I didn’t need to put stitches in right away.”
Zimmerman said that his doctor also advised that he needed to let the swelling in his nose go down before it could be treated.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

GMA had an opening segment this morning trying to discount GZ's testimony, parcing words, twisting anything he said. No link to offer, sorry.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Cerino is entitled to his opinion on his report....He just thought Z's wounds were school yard fight wounds..And so do I....As I stated before.....
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

This punishing of the LEOs for doing what appeared was their jobs is very troubling to me. This whole thing just feels like a setup for a kangaroo court. What we are witnessing is not justice, and that includes everyone involved.

At this point there better damn well be some super secret evidence the prosecution has squirreled away or this whole thing will be one massive stain on the reputation of our legal system. As an observer, its hard to be patient for the trial so that hopefully this can all be sorted out.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Poker Face.... :shock:
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Klingon00 wrote:This punishing of the LEOs for doing what appeared was their jobs is very troubling to me. This whole thing just feels like a setup for a kangaroo court. What we are witnessing is not justice, and that includes everyone involved.

At this point there better damn well be some super secret evidence the prosecution has squirreled away or this whole thing will be one massive stain on the reputation of our legal system. As an observer, its hard to be patient for the trial so that hopefully this can all be sorted out.

According to http://www.theconservativetreehouse.com, Serino may have been the source of the leaked video showing GZ walking into the police station, and other information that was leaked early on. There is a tweet from an ABC reporter who answered "yes" when asked if Serino was the source of the leaks. That reporter, Matt Gutman, has been re-assigned to Tel Aviv, Israel.

If that is true, then it wasn't doing his job that got him into trouble, but passing along information without authorization to do so.

edit to add: This is not an entirely objective article, with a fair share of speculation.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Now we have to decide whether he was a GOOD or BAD whistle blower.

Just curious if anyone has read the article about Z when he worked for CarMax when he was 22yrs. old ? Enteresting, sounds like someone wants to get even with Z. "story".
Vex

Post by Vex »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Cerino is entitled to his opinion on his report....He just thought Z's wounds were school yard fight wounds..And so do I....As I stated before.....
But we don't defend ourselves based on how bad we are injured, we defend ourselves based on the potential for deadly force. If I shoot AT you but miss, you are uninjured but may defend yourself. If I try to stab you but barely slice the skin, you don't have to wait until I have pierced your heart to shoot me. If I bash your head in to a sidewalk, are you going to wait until AFTER I knock you out to defend yourself?

Potential vs. results. If you wait to see the results of the attack, you will lose. You have to react to the potential.
  • “You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word.” - Al Capone
  • “Victorious warriors win first, then go to war; defeated warriors go to war first, then seek to win.” - Sun-Tzu
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

Mustang380gal wrote:
Klingon00 wrote:This punishing of the LEOs for doing what appeared was their jobs is very troubling to me. This whole thing just feels like a setup for a kangaroo court. What we are witnessing is not justice, and that includes everyone involved.

According to http://www.theconservativetreehouse.com, Serino may have been the source of the leaked video showing GZ walking into the police station, and other information that was leaked early on. There is a tweet from an ABC reporter who answered "yes" when asked if Serino was the source of the leaks. That reporter, Matt Gutman, has been re-assigned to Tel Aviv, Israel.

If that is true, then it wasn't doing his job that got him into trouble, but passing along information without authorization to do so.

edit to add: This is not an entirely objective article, with a fair share of speculation.
Thanks for the clarification. That makes more sense to me.
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

I see http://www.foxnews.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; has a link to the live video of George Zimmerman's new Bond Hearing. I hadn't heard that one had been scheduled before now.

Addendum: Interesting, so all those <10K transfers were due to a limit imposed by Paypal and not an attempt to avoid reporting requirements. Also, the expenses sound fairly reasonable to me for living expenses, small restaurants like chick-fil-a, medical expenses, car and other loan payments etc. They also established that the website specifically stated donations would be used for both legal defense and living expenses. ~$120k of the original 200k has been put into legal defense fund (Lawyers account). All money amounts appear to have been accounted for. The accountant said all transactions appear normal to him based on his experience and considering the circumstances.

They are now going into an analysis of Zimmerman's various injuries and their severity.

Addendum2: George's father took the stand and testified the voice calling for help in the 911 tape was George's.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Judge delays decision on Z's bond after 2 1/2 hour hearing...
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

A live blog of the hearing:

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cf ... heari.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
At Zimmerman's second bond hearing Friday, Judge Kenneth Lester said he would not immediately make a ruling, saying he needed time to weigh new evidence presented Friday. The judge did not indicate when he might rule.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Z wants to testify as long as he won't be cross examined by the prosecution....Strange....
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Z wants to testify as long as he won't be cross examined by the prosecution....Strange....
Strange that the defense attorney thought that was a possibility, but not strange that the defendant would not want to testify under cross examination. There are a lot of risks by doing that and little reward because anything you say will be used against you, especially if the defendant has a history of putting their foot in their mouth (not necessarily self incrimination but damaging to character) or difficulty speaking in public. This is the reason for the 5th amendment. In a jury trial, it can be even more risky if there becomes a perception of what the defendant says isn't completely accurate, they may assume guilt when in reality it is the prosecution that has the burden of convincing jurors of his guilt. In other words, why give possible ammunition to the prosecution? Games of gotcha can be bad enough when speaking to an LEO, but to a seasoned prosecutor, an average joe doesn't stand much of a chance.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Maybe it wasn't Z's attorney's idea but Z's himself.....