George Zimmerman's Reenactment of Trayvon Martin Shooting

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Klingon00

George Zimmerman's Reenactment of Trayvon Martin Shooting

Post by Klingon00 »

Video of Zimmerman's reenactment from the police investigation a day or so after the incident.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerm ... -Mf0u2YiBl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"He took my head and slammed it against the concrete several times, and each time I thought my head was going to explode and I thought I was going to lose consciousness," George Zimmerman told police the day after he shot and killed Trayvon Martin.

"I started screaming for help," but Martin pressed his hands over Zimmerman's mouth and nose, he said. "He told me to shut the f&#k up, and I was suffocating."

Zimmerman told police he was lying on the ground, but his head was on the concrete.

"I didn't want him to keep slamming my head on the concrete so I kind of shifted. But when I shifted my jacket came up…and it exposed my firearm. That's when he said you are going to die tonight. He took one hand off my mouth, and slid it down my chest. I took my gun aimed it at him and fired."
Klingon00

Re: George Zimmerman's Reenactment of Trayvon Martin Shootin

Post by Klingon00 »

Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee fired in wake of Trayvon Martin case

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/06/20/2 ... rylink=cpy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Sanford police chief who failed to arrest George Zimmerman immediately after the fatal shooting of Miami-Dade teen Trayvon Martin four months ago — and brought national attention and derision to the Central Florida city — has been terminated.

The announcement was made late Wednesday night by Sanford City Manager Norton Bonaparte, who said in a news release that Police Chief Bill Lee “has been relieved of his duties” effective immediately. The chief had been on paid leave.

Bonaparte implied the firing stemmed from the impact of Lee’s handling of the Trayvon Martin on the city of Sanford.

“I have come to this decision in light of the escalating divisiveness that has taken hold of the city,” the manager said in the statement. The decision was made after a meeting earlier in the day.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I don't think Z was a wimp IMO. But I'm wondering what I would do if someone had me on the ground and was on top of me with BOTH hands over my mouth..... :? That would mean I had both arms free to try and defend myself....This wasn't a case of disparity of force that one could not try to defend himself.....Why do you think Z reacted the way he did and not try and beat M off of him ?
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Cmazzac

Post by Cmazzac »

carmen fovozzo wrote:I don't think Z was a wimp IMO. But I'm wondering what I would do if someone had me on the ground and was on top of me with BOTH hands over my mouth..... :? That would mean I had both arms free to try and defend myself....This wasn't a case of disparity of force that one could not try to defend himself.....Why do you think Z reacted the way he did and not try and beat M off of him ?
It would appear that he's not much of a fighter, I wonder if some self defense knowledge could of prevented this whole thing.
OHIOSTEVE

Post by OHIOSTEVE »

If the story is true put yourself in that position. you are on your back with someone fully mounted on you and both his hands are covering your mouth and you are suffocating. suddenly your gun is exposed and he tells you that you are going to die tonight... I would have shot him to. If you have never really trained self defense.. lay flat on your back and hold your breath until you start to feel light headed then try to throw a straight up punch.. even without the oxygen deprivation you aren't gonna knock someone off of you. why do you think even trained MMA fighter avoid that position like the plague...generally it is game over from there for the guy on the bottom. GRANTED training could have kept him OUT of that position but once there it is all uphill.
jose45

Post by jose45 »

IMHo,TM attacked GZ for street cred.He thought he was an easy mark,just didn't know he was armed.Poor judgement call on his part.That video honestly tells the story as GZ saw it.Can he prove it or I should say can they disprove it that's the thing.
"Lord, make me fast and accurate.Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine.Let not my last thought be "If I only had my gun"
And Lord,if today is truly the day that you call me home.Let Me Die In A Pile of Hot Empty Brass.- Patriots Prayer- III% NRA,OFCC
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

OHIOSTEVE wrote:If the story is true put yourself in that position. you are on your back with someone fully mounted on you and both his hands are covering your mouth and you are suffocating. suddenly your gun is exposed and he tells you that you are going to die tonight... I would have shot him to. If you have never really trained self defense.. lay flat on your back and hold your breath until you start to feel light headed then try to throw a straight up punch.. even without the oxygen deprivation you aren't gonna knock someone off of you. why do you think even trained MMA fighter avoid that position like the plague...generally it is game over from there for the guy on the bottom. GRANTED training could have kept him OUT of that position but once there it is all uphill.
Z has been around and knows what's up, he is no dummy.....I fail to see why he did not fight back, it's a natural thing to do when your in that position...

True story...When I was about 13 I got into a fight and was on my back as I was getting whipped.....The kid half stood up and I used my foot and kicked the kid in his crotch.I don't no why but that is the only thing I could do to change the situation.....The fight ended there...
I can't help but think if Z fought back there might of been a different out come. Maybe M would of backed off.....Just thinking....
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

...just like in rape cases, are we to cast stones at the victim for failing to fight back hard enough? :?: :idea:

Man, I hope that if I ever have an SD encounter that the pay-per-view fight is sufficiently vigorous for everyone. :wink:

I didn't realize that we had a forum full of ninjas. Guess I better start looking for a ninja outfit in XXL... :P
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

jose45 wrote:IMHo,TM attacked GZ for street cred.He thought he was an easy mark,just didn't know he was armed.Poor judgement call on his part.That video honestly tells the story as GZ saw it.Can he prove it or I should say can they disprove it that's the thing.
Yep, that's what I would of done if I were M....I would buy some Ice Tea and Skittles and wait to find someone to mug....Spare me.
All they have to do to prove it, is have M tell his story. Oh wait, I forgot M is dead...Sorry for the sarcasm, but that is the way I felt about your post.
Double3

Post by Double3 »

carmen fovozzo wrote:
OHIOSTEVE wrote:If the story is true put yourself in that position. you are on your back with someone fully mounted on you and both his hands are covering your mouth and you are suffocating. suddenly your gun is exposed and he tells you that you are going to die tonight... I would have shot him to. If you have never really trained self defense.. lay flat on your back and hold your breath until you start to feel light headed then try to throw a straight up punch.. even without the oxygen deprivation you aren't gonna knock someone off of you. why do you think even trained MMA fighter avoid that position like the plague...generally it is game over from there for the guy on the bottom. GRANTED training could have kept him OUT of that position but once there it is all uphill.
Z has been around and knows what's up, he is no dummy.....I fail to see why he did not fight back, it's a natural thing to do when your in that position...
Have you ever been punched when you were not necessarily ready for it?

Then on top of being a little dazed had the back of your head smashed into the concrete?

Also realize that this probably happened over a very short amount of time. I'm pretty sure they were not fighting for 10 min.
jose45

Post by jose45 »

Nothing like a good stiff kick to the crotch to slow things down a bit.The hands to mouth thing and GZs shirt riding up is troublesome.Maybe TM went for the gun first or at least GZ thought he was?
"Lord, make me fast and accurate.Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine.Let not my last thought be "If I only had my gun"
And Lord,if today is truly the day that you call me home.Let Me Die In A Pile of Hot Empty Brass.- Patriots Prayer- III% NRA,OFCC
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

More wrote:...just like in rape cases, are we to cast stones at the victim for failing to fight back hard enough? :?: :idea:

Man, I hope that if I ever have an SD encounter that the pay-per-view fight is sufficiently vigorous for everyone. :wink:

I didn't realize that we had a forum full of ninjas. Guess I better start looking for a ninja outfit in XXL... :P
You left out a X..... :wink: You do what you have to do to survive...I'm sure you learned that in some of your self defense class's..
Double3

Post by Double3 »

carmen fovozzo wrote:
jose45 wrote:IMHo,TM attacked GZ for street cred.He thought he was an easy mark,just didn't know he was armed.Poor judgement call on his part.That video honestly tells the story as GZ saw it.Can he prove it or I should say can they disprove it that's the thing.
Yep, that's what I would of done if I were M....I would buy some Ice Tea and Skittles and wait to find someone to mug....Spare me.
All they have to do to prove it, is have M tell his story. Oh wait, I forgot M is dead...Sorry for the sarcasm, but that is the way I felt about your post.
I didn't realize that you were a black 17 year old that thinks he is a thug.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Double3 wrote:
carmen fovozzo wrote:
Have you ever been punched when you were not necessarily ready for it?

Then on top of being a little dazed had the back of your head smashed into the concrete?

Also realize that this probably happened over a very short amount of time. I'm pretty sure they were not fighting for 10 min.
Z had the energy to scream for help....He should of used it to defend himself.....I have seen stars....
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

carmen fovozzo wrote:
More wrote:...just like in rape cases, are we to cast stones at the victim for failing to fight back hard enough? :?: :idea:

You left out a X..... :wink: You do what you have to do to survive...I'm sure you learned that in some of your self defense class's..
Commodity traders take note - cotton prices are about to skyrocket... :wink: :P :twisted: :lol: 8)
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!