Two articles on alleged "stand your ground" law

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Two articles on alleged "stand your ground" law

Post by M-Quigley »

https://www.whio.com/news/local/self-de ... YDORYRB7M/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.whio.com/news/local/reports ... SGZDHETDU/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In one of the examples they give it doesn't sound like a stand your ground situation at all, the victim was trying to leave, blocked in, and inside a vehicle when the attacker approached with a "makeshift weapon" It's not reported what the alleged weapon was. I'm not sure from the article why the victim was charged but she was allegedly found not guilty.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Two articles on alleged "stand your ground" law

Post by JustaShooter »

News outlets, and even law enforcement and lawyers, often misuse Stand Your Ground when Castle Doctrine is more appropriate. It certainly adds to the confusion in the public's minds
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Brian D.

Re: Two articles on alleged "stand your ground" law

Post by Brian D. »

JustaShooter wrote:News outlets, and even law enforcement and lawyers, often misuse Stand Your Ground when Castle Doctrine is more appropriate. It certainly adds to the confusion in the public's minds
Regarding guns, most of the media is a combination of ignorance and apathy. Regardless of how much percentage of each on any given day, they still combine into a smelly dumpster fire, figuratively speaking.

M-Q, I'm not saying that you read too much. Just that sometimes you may read too much into what you read. :lol:

Alas I'm guilty of that myself occasionally. And I should absolutely know better. Not once in my FD/EMS career did I read, watch, or listen to a story about a scene I was at that got reported accurately. Close but no cigar was about the best they ever did.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.