Get a lawyer in your pocket -- the Aftermath is worse.

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Get a lawyer in your pocket -- the Aftermath is worse.

Post by bignflnut »

https://963xke.com/man-suffers-life-threatening-injuries-in-reported-self-defense-shooting/

Fort Wayne Officers responded to a reported shooting investigation in the 2300 block of Brooklyn Avenue. A victim was located and determined to be suffering from gunshot wound(s). He was transported to the hospital and classified in Life Threatening condition. The Homicide Unit conducted the investigation and arrested Christopher Vibbert for Domestic Battery w/ Deadly Weapon and Aggravated Battery. He is currently confined at the Allen County Jail.
https://www.wane.com/news/local-news/man-in-critical-condition-after-reported-self-defense-shooting-on-brooklyn-ave/

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – An argument that began over spilled French fries ended with a man shooting his brother in what he claims to be self-defense, according to newly released Allen Superior Court documents.

Fort Wayne Police have arrested 33-year-old Christopher Vibbert on preliminary charges of aggravated battery and domestic battery with a deadly weapon in connection with the shooting, which occurred in the 2300 block of Brooklyn Avenue just after 11 p.m. on Wednesday.
This one hits close to home.
Chris is looking for legal counsel.
OBTW, the perforated "victim" has a criminal record, has a restraining order after threatening the life of his wife and kids, etc --- not that the media mentions this.

He's out on bond but plans to be re-arrested Tuesday.

All that said, CCW Safe is a good idea. $500/yr seems like a minimal sum once you've pulled the trigger.
Branca has partnered with CCW Safe because of our industry-leading experience and stability of the funding mechanism for the payment of claims and the costs associated with litigation. CCW Safe has a proven track record of defending their members in cases ranging from simple administrative actions against a license, civil cases and criminal cases including a First Degree Murder charge the company successfully defended for a member. 

CCW Safe CEO Mike Darter said, “We are very excited to partner with Andrew Branca, and I feel that his content can help our members make better decisions if ever faced with a self defense scenario.” 
There are videos out there of Branca discussing why CCW Safe is helpful -- knowing how my advice tends to land --- listen to him.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
synack2

Re: Get a lawyer in your pocket -- the Aftermath is worse.

Post by synack2 »

"ended with a man shooting his brother"

CCW Safe doesn't cover you if you shoot family. This includes ex-GF, BF, anyone you have ever been intimate with.
Carry everyday everywhere you legally can. I carry a Ruger LCP2 or a Glock 42. Find me on YouTube as FrugalPrepper
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

synack2 wrote:"ended with a man shooting his brother"

CCW Safe doesn't cover you if you shoot family. This includes ex-GF, BF, anyone you have ever been intimate with.
Interesting. One of the reasons you need to *really* vet your choice of self-defense coverage.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
synack2

Post by synack2 »

Yeah, as far as I know US Law Shield was the only one that didn't make an exclusion for family.
Carry everyday everywhere you legally can. I carry a Ruger LCP2 or a Glock 42. Find me on YouTube as FrugalPrepper
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

synack2 wrote: CCW Safe doesn't cover you if you shoot family. This includes ex-GF, BF, anyone you have ever been intimate with.
Gotta say that this reads hella funny. Like WV funny. Like Joe Dirt funny.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Also, they're living at the same address, so synack2 is correct in saying that CCWSafe would have declined services according to the Domestic Violence Exclusion in this case.

Good catch.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798