Mexico suing US gun makers, saying they're causing the viole

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Mexico suing US gun makers, saying they're causing the viole

Post by M-Quigley »

And they're also claiming that the federal law providing partial protection to the US gun manufacturers doesn't apply to them because they are a foreign country.

Many years ago I read a news article from a MSM source (I wish I could find it now online or recall the news organization) that looked into the issue of where the drug cartels weapons were coming from. Yes some of them came from guns sold in the US and smuggled over, but many didn't. Weapons have been confiscated from cartels include hand grenades, belt fed MG's like the M60, full auto AK-47s (and I don't mean modified semi auto ones in the US but Russian made AK's that the Soviets used to distribute like the Democrats distribute welfare money) Soviet designed RPG-7's (Haven't seen a real one of those at my local stocking gun dealer) and selective fire M16's. The M16's and the M60 belt fed MG's were particularly interesting, because they were Vietnam era weapons, and the article specifically mentioned that tracing of the M16's revealed that they had initially been issued from the US government to the ARVN, or the South Vietnamese armed forces prior to the fall of South Vietnam. If the drug cartels can easily get military grade weaponry like that, then that is the problem, not legal weapons coming from the US.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/artic ... cking-toll" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;