Wayne County Racetrack shooting: bystander killed

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Wayne County Racetrack shooting: bystander killed

Post by evan price »

https://www.the-daily-record.com/story/ ... 680133002/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Witnesses told sheriff's deputies people nearby began yelling at the truck driver, who got out of his truck carrying a handgun.

The man fired multiple rounds, Hunter said witnesses told deputies. Another person fired back at the man, "supposedly in self-defense."

Supposedly, as the race was ending and people were leaving, a drunk man in a gray truck did a burn out in the parking lot which shot gravel onto an Acura MDX, damaging it. Witnesses said the truck driver and the Acura owner began arguing and the truck driver exited the truck with a gun and began shooting. Another person returned fire.
In the chaos one bystander was killed and several more were wounded.

Just a reminder that every bullet you fire is your responsibility.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
Brian D.

Re: Wayne County Racetrack shooting: bystander killed

Post by Brian D. »

Maybe Morne can chime in with details. It's Wayne County after all.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Brian D. wrote:Maybe Morne can chime in with details. It's Wayne County after all.
Or Mustang380, she or her husband may have been working with the EMS to respond to the situation.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

The Sheriff said at first that they thought it might be an active shooting situation when they first got the call. It's possible it could've led to one had the other person not fired back.
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

They have a Jonathan Paul Roman Perez of Cleveland in custody at the hospital being treated for "non-life threatening" injuries. He is charged with felony assault. They are still locating evidence (trying to find the bullets that were fired) and trying to determine how many shooters there actually were. They are thinking it was more than 2. The guy in custody may or may not have shot the decedent. He is NOT the guy who drove the grey Chevy truck. The canton rep posted a video of the incident. The argument was mostly in Spanish. You can see a guy getting something out of the truck. A black guy throws a punch. A gunshot rings out and the camera person starts ducking and fleeing. Then multiple gunshots from at least 2 guns (could be 3) start ringing out but the camera was wisely finding cover.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

In reference to what Catfish said.

https://www.cantonrep.com/story/news/20 ... 715624002/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The video is age restricted
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Javelin Man wrote:
Brian D. wrote:Maybe Morne can chime in with details. It's Wayne County after all.
Or Mustang380, she or her husband may have been working with the EMS to respond to the situation.
Nope, no details from me. I was curious about this myself.

Ted retired from paid and volunteer departments last year. No more scanner in the house. Seems almost too quiet.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!