Indiana Constitutional Carry vs Police

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Indiana Constitutional Carry vs Police

Post by bignflnut »

Some supporters of Second Amendment rights, but not all, are disappointed House Bill 1369 will not become law this year. While this bill would have gained us positive accolades with certain constituencies, many senators along with law enforcement agencies, had concerns with portions of the bill. For example, the bill requires that the state develop a process so police officers can quickly access information about whether or not an individual may have a handgun. Indiana State Police say building such a database is not currently possible, and the only state with a similar database that we could try to mimic is California. California is certainly not a state I want to take gun policies from.
Sen. Liz Brown
The databases are keeping some constituencies happy....and we give them prominent positions in our parades, call them #Heroes and offer them discounts in our economic endeavors.

Government by, of, and for the enforcers. (Did you ever doubt it was this way?)
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Bruenor

Re: Indiana Constitutional Carry vs Police

Post by Bruenor »

How do the Indiana police currently ascertain if an individual in a traffic stop is a criminal with a handgun on them ?

So why would they need this for Law abiding citizens ?
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
synack2

Post by synack2 »

Ridiculous,

It's really quick and easy to ascertain whether there is a law abiding gun owner that has a gun on them in the car. ASK

It's not likely that I, as a law abiding citizen carrying a gun, am going to try to shoot my way out of a speeding ticket. It's also no less likely that I would try to do it with a CCW license vs. constitutional carry.

In fact if they ask "Do you have any guns or weapons on you today?", and I say "Yes, I am armed" they should probably be relieved.
Carry everyday everywhere you legally can. I carry a Ruger LCP2 or a Glock 42. Find me on YouTube as FrugalPrepper
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

synack2 wrote:Ridiculous,

It's really quick and easy to ascertain whether there is a law abiding gun owner that has a gun on them in the car. ASK

It's not likely that I, as a law abiding citizen carrying a gun, am going to try to shoot my way out of a speeding ticket. It's also no less likely that I would try to do it with a CCW license vs. constitutional carry.

In fact if they ask "Do you have any guns or weapons on you today?", and I say "Yes, I am armed" they should probably be relieved.
You're correct. The person who denies carrying is potentially a greater threat.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Well!!! My Indian (Indiana Freudian slip?) name should be Big Chief Sunset.

STICK A SUNSET CLAUSE It. After, say, 5 years, STICK A FORK IN IT...one way or another!

1- I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE for those here, there, anywhere not writing appropriate ''quality check'' provisions within law!

2- I M NOT AFRAID to have such scrutiny written into any such future law!

GOOD GRIEF ! ! !
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

ALL laws, repeat... ALL laws should be written with a sunset clause.
WhyNot wrote:Well!!! My Indian (Indiana Freudian slip?) name should be Big Chief Sunset.

STICK A SUNSET CLAUSE It. After, say, 5 years, STICK A FORK IN IT...one way or another!

1- I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE for those here, there, anywhere not writing appropriate ''quality check'' provisions within law!

2- I M NOT AFRAID to have such scrutiny written into any such future law!

GOOD GRIEF ! ! !
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

His bill almost certainly would have passed in the Senate if it had been allowed to come to a vote, Smaltz said Friday.

Instead, two Senate leaders of Smaltz’s own Republican Party blocked the bill by refusing to give it a committee hearing.
However, what really happened is that some people who claim to support the Second Amendment–something that Republicans pretty much have to do in most places if they want to get elected–don’t. Bray appears to be one such example, as does David Ralston here in Georgia.

And they can get away with this double-dealing on the Second Amendment because we all figure they’re still better than a Democrat in that seat.
https://bearingarms.com/tomknighton/202 ... yal-n43428
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Is this actually Indiana or Ohio....AGAIN :P

:?: :?:
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas