Corona virus

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Re: Corona virus

Postby Javelin Man » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:58 pm

Oy, but I need to get to school by the following day, driving would take over 36 hours with a fast AMC! 8)
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Postby DOA33 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:40 pm

steves 50de wrote:
Javelin Man wrote:I'm concerned about my wife and I flying out to LA at the end of the year. I just received my second Moderna vaccine, the Mrs. doesn't want to receive any and only the J&J if she does get one. I"m worried that we'll both have to be vaccinated and they'll want to see it on our Smnartphones. We have only flip-phones with no plans for a smartphone so they won't see that info.

Papers, please, Comrade. You may travel within the country until the next TSA agent requests papers, please.

Nice long car ride no papers required. :wink:

Did you forget what Rhode Island, Florida and Texas did at the start of all this? They had state patrol and NG blocking all roads leading into the state checking where you was from, where you was going, for how long, and contact info before granting permission to go in. What's stopping them from doing a repeat?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/covid ... r-BB12CWYu
Open Carry, shhh it's a dirty secret.
DOA33
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Postby WhyNot » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:19 am

Passe bitte?

8)
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Postby M-Quigley » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:49 am

Javelin Man wrote:I'm concerned about my wife and I flying out to LA at the end of the year. I just received my second Moderna vaccine, the Mrs. doesn't want to receive any and only the J&J if she does get one. I"m worried that we'll both have to be vaccinated and they'll want to see it on our Smnartphones. We have only flip-phones with no plans for a smartphone so they won't see that info.

Papers, please, Comrade. You may travel within the country until the next TSA agent requests papers, please.

Now I don't feel like such a dinosaur anymore, knowing there are other like me out there. :) (flip phone)
Has your wife seen the latest on the J&J vaccine?

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/us ... ult-by-may

https://apnews.com/article/virus-vaccin ... 13a6db7fed
M-Quigley

Postby bignflnut » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:29 am

Quigley,
You haven't defended your idea that "private" businesses in our states are able to demand we take this experimental and, as you bolster, dubious vaccine before we're able to conduct our lives.

How would they act any differently if they were to prepare us for totalitarian rule?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, Mar 14, 1908
Republicans.Hate.You.See2020.
"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia Oct 11, 1798
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Postby M-Quigley » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:34 am

bignflnut wrote:Quigley,
You haven't defended your idea that "private" businesses in our states are able to demand we take this experimental and, as you bolster, dubious vaccine before we're able to conduct our lives.

How would they act any differently if they were to prepare us for totalitarian rule?

:?: There's nothing to defend. I have no idea what you are talking about. Perhaps you have me confused with someone else? Show me the quote where I said that.
M-Quigley

Postby bignflnut » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:04 am

M-Quigley wrote:

:?: There's nothing to defend. I have no idea what you are talking about. Perhaps you have me confused with someone else? Show me the quote where I said that.

M-Quigley wrote:A woman is arrested for not leaving a bank in Texas when told to leave. She heard the Governor say the state is no longer imposing restrictions on businesses and was too stupid to get it through her head that the business has a right to still require mask wearing inside the bank. :(

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/13/us/galve ... index.html

3-16-21 page 41 of this thread

I suppose I made the jump to vaccines from masks that rot your teeth ...
Dentists are seeing a trend of dental problems due to the usage of face masks. According to Dr. Rob Ramondi in an interview with New York Post, about 50% of their patients are now affected by the trend ‘mask mouth’. People who had healthy teeth and gums are now showing new dental problems and it’s not because of unhygienic practices but because of face masks.

Using face masks has increased the dryness in our mouth which helps bacteria and viruses propagate. Our saliva serves as a protective barrier and has antimicrobial components that help fight bacteria. It also takes part in the mucosal immune system of our body that prevents viruses from entering directly onto the surface of our body.

...but if one defends masking, one seemingly demands mass vaccination (even if there was herd/natural immunity, as Dr/Senator Rand Paul mentioned to Fauci)
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, Mar 14, 1908
"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia Oct 11, 1798
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Postby M-Quigley » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:35 am

bignflnut wrote:
M-Quigley wrote:

M-Quigley wrote:A woman is arrested for not leaving a bank in Texas when told to leave. She heard the Governor say the state is no longer imposing restrictions on businesses and was too stupid to get it through her head that the business has a right to still require mask wearing inside the bank. :(

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/13/us/galve ... index.html

When I made this comment I was referring to facts, not my personal opinion. The business having a legal right to set their own rules on mask wearing is a legal fact, not my personal opinion. Even the governor of Texas mentioned this in a press briefing. The woman wasn't arrested for not wearing a mask but refusing to leave. There are things a business in Texas does not legally have a right to do, (like bar entry to black customers) but at this time they are allowed to require masks.

bignflnut wrote:
3-16-21 page 41 of this thread

I suppose I made the jump to vaccines from masks that rot your teeth ...
Dentists are seeing a trend of dental problems due to the usage of face masks. According to Dr. Rob Ramondi in an interview with New York Post, about 50% of their patients are now affected by the trend ‘mask mouth’. People who had healthy teeth and gums are now showing new dental problems and it’s not because of unhygienic practices but because of face masks.

Using face masks has increased the dryness in our mouth which helps bacteria and viruses propagate. Our saliva serves as a protective barrier and has antimicrobial components that help fight bacteria. It also takes part in the mucosal immune system of our body that prevents viruses from entering directly onto the surface of our body.

...but if one defends masking, one seemingly demands mass vaccination (even if there was herd/natural immunity, as Dr/Senator Rand Paul mentioned to Fauci)

Interesting link. I sometimes had to wear a mask all shift long in some patient areas of the hospital, (except for various breaks) but never noticed an issue with that. This is unlike now when if I wear a mask when going into a store that requires one be on and I'm in there for 5-10 minutes tops. Regardless, the bolded is not a valid comparison. The effects of mask wearing is not something new health wise, whereas all the vaccines are experimental and the long term effects are not known. Despite initial testing prior to the authorization, the general population at large are the guinea pigs, or lab rats, so to speak. :(

I've said online many times that IMO I feel taking a vaccine or not should be a personal choice and not mandated or coerced externally, like employers demanding employees take it, vaccine passports, etc. This even includes the flu shot, which is not an emergency use authorization.
M-Quigley

Postby bignflnut » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:21 am

M-Quigley wrote:When I made this comment I was referring to facts, not my personal opinion. The business having a legal right to set their own rules on mask wearing is a legal fact, not my personal opinion. Even the governor of Texas mentioned this in a press briefing. The woman wasn't arrested for not wearing a mask but refusing to leave. There are things a business in Texas does not legally have a right to do, (like bar entry to black customers) but at this time they are allowed to require masks.

SNIP

The effects of mask wearing is not something new health wise, whereas all the vaccines are experimental and the long term effects are not known. Despite initial testing prior to the authorization, the general population at large are the guinea pigs, or lab rats, so to speak. :(

I've said online many times that IMO I feel taking a vaccine or not should be a personal choice and not mandated or coerced externally, like employers demanding employees take it, vaccine passports, etc. This even includes the flu shot, which is not an emergency use authorization.

Right, we know that [url=tinyurl.com/maskscifacts]masks are[/url] ineffective idols only serving as totems of power and submission. Now we're establishing the dental detriment of perma-masking. Even Fauci is on record as being against masks.

In the clip, Dr Fauci says “There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you’re in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And, often, there are unintended consequences — people keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face.”

And I'm glad to hear that you're against mandatory flu shots, even though it is a fact certain hospitals/businesses have mandated them for employees.
Although most states recommend that healthcare workers get flu vaccinations, only 21 states have a law that requires healthcare workers to get flu vaccinations and the law in states that require the vaccination vary based on healthcare settings, exemptions, types of workers and enforcement methods.

Likewise, many employers are mandating flu shots unless an established exemption is present. For those nurses who are members of a union, unions have fought mandatory flu shot requirements when a refusal results in a job termination.

A Dave Ramsey company is in hot water for a contractual behavior clause that has generated terminations (sports contracts also often have behavior clauses).

Disney is charging people with trespass when they evade temperature screening.

To my mind, the issue at hand is bodily autonomy. One owns one's own face, bloodstream, etc...and IF we believed in this American Principle of self-ownership and the freedom therein, civil government would properly be a terror to people who pierced the veil of self-ownership....but then self-defense and the accompanying tools thereof would be on the table, so we can't have that!
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Postby M-Quigley » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:32 am

I know this is about Indiana, not Ohio, but for the people who live near the border and shop in Indiana this might be relevant. If I need to go to a bigger city Indiana is closer to me than the next closest big city in Ohio. The closest "city" to me is basically just a slow down in the road (if the cops are there or the Amish are in the street :roll: )and basically only has a Dollar General, plus a few specialty stores. :lol:

https://www.whio.com/news/local/indiana ... Z4B4H6IRI/

Of course all the corporate stores will still have mask mandates :roll: but I've shopped in Richmond recently and most of the smaller local shops were already ignoring the mask order a week or two ago. They had signs up but not telling you that you must wear a mask or else leave, like what I saw the other day done to a customer at a big box store. The guy had already been shopping in the store (the usual person at the door must not have been there when he came in) and had put his stuff down at the register. The cashier's eyes got wide and she told him she couldn't ring up his stuff unless he put his mask on. (she was behind plexiglass) He said he didn't have one and she pointed to an aisle where they were selling 4 packs but he didn't want to buy any. He kept trying to put his credit card in but she refused to ring up any of the items, and they didn't have self checkout. I was the customer behind him. After about a minute of this standoff I wondered what was going to happen next. The line was getting longer. She then rang for her supervisor, and when she came over and found out what the problem was the supervisor gave him a mask, which he then put on. He got a lecture from the cashier saying basically don't come back in without a mask on. He said the mask mandate had been lifted (which I guess now was technically not true) but she said it was still store policy. :roll:
M-Quigley

Postby bignflnut » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:40 am

https://www.wane.com/news/walmart-targe ... ate-masks/

Here's an article where corporate says they're keeping their store policy even though Indiana has ended March Madness with a revocation of the Statewide decree.

One can enter these establishments with a naked face and fear no retribution. I testify that the cashiers look upon you wistfully - bordering on envy.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Postby WY_Not » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:54 pm

She could have had him rung up and out of the store much quicker if she had just done so rather than going tiny, terrified tyrant on him. Personally, if I was him I would have just left the conveyor belt loaded and walked away.

M-Quigley wrote:I know this is about Indiana, not Ohio, but for the people who live near the border and shop in Indiana this might be relevant. If I need to go to a bigger city Indiana is closer to me than the next closest big city in Ohio. The closest "city" to me is basically just a slow down in the road (if the cops are there or the Amish are in the street :roll: )and basically only has a Dollar General, plus a few specialty stores. :lol:

https://www.whio.com/news/local/indiana ... Z4B4H6IRI/

Of course all the corporate stores will still have mask mandates :roll: but I've shopped in Richmond recently and most of the smaller local shops were already ignoring the mask order a week or two ago. They had signs up but not telling you that you must wear a mask or else leave, like what I saw the other day done to a customer at a big box store. The guy had already been shopping in the store (the usual person at the door must not have been there when he came in) and had put his stuff down at the register. The cashier's eyes got wide and she told him she couldn't ring up his stuff unless he put his mask on. (she was behind plexiglass) He said he didn't have one and she pointed to an aisle where they were selling 4 packs but he didn't want to buy any. He kept trying to put his credit card in but she refused to ring up any of the items, and they didn't have self checkout. I was the customer behind him. After about a minute of this standoff I wondered what was going to happen next. The line was getting longer. She then rang for her supervisor, and when she came over and found out what the problem was the supervisor gave him a mask, which he then put on. He got a lecture from the cashier saying basically don't come back in without a mask on. He said the mask mandate had been lifted (which I guess now was technically not true) but she said it was still store policy. :roll:
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.

Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Postby M-Quigley » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:02 am

[quote="WY_Not"]She could have had him rung up and out of the store much quicker if she had just done so rather than going tiny, terrified tyrant on him. Personally, if I was him I would have just left the conveyor belt loaded and walked away.

Exactly. Plus, if he's really such a big danger, why tell him to go back into the shopping area of the store to buy a pack of masks? (they aren't at the register) I forgot to mention, after he left and before she rang me up she disinfected the card reader and conveyor belt, because, you know, he breathed on it I guess. :roll: She never did that with the customers in front of him.

On a different note, here is legislation introduced.

https://www.whio.com/news/local/new-leg ... RCTVH3IFI/
M-Quigley

Postby M-Quigley » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:55 am

Since the Ohio Gov and the news media won't give any perspective on the numbers, here is an excellent site that line graphs the numbers, broken down by cases and deaths. Underneath the line graphs are state maps where if you put the cursor over a particular county you can get specific numbers for that county. Yes, Ohio overall in an extremely slight uptick in cases, but nowhere near what they were. The people in general that are currently getting covid now are not dying at the rate that it used to be either. This site isn't just for Ohio either, you can get stat's for other states as well.

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/cor ... state/ohio
M-Quigley

Postby Bruenor » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:22 am

Over Easter Wife dragged me to visit her niece and nephews and all their rugrats. Nephew is very left leaning (I think I can safely make that assessment as he stated previously he wanted to go to Portland to stand with Antifa, and he was stumping for Bernie) Don't you just love family gatherings ?

At one point he was lamenting what a crappy job our country has done with the COVID response. not harsh enough lockdowns, etc. and how it's never going to end because we are not serious enough about it. Then goes on to tell me about the family vacation planned to universal Studios in Florida in a couple weeks. for him the wife and 3 kids..

I can only laugh at how some people criticize the actions of others during this 'pandemic' then exhibit behaviors contrary to what they claim everyone should be doing. I mean you're supposedly concerned about the virus never ending because the govt and people are not taking it serious enough, so you go to a Theme park ? where you will interact with thousands of other people ? really ?
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine
Bruenor

PreviousNext

Return to In The News