Corona virus

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Corona virus

Post by bignflnut »

Governor Mike DeWine said Wednesday that Ohio's legislature leveled "an attack on public health, and an attack on the safety of Ohioans," as the House of Representatives passed a bill meant to strip DeWine's ability to issue orders closing businesses during a pandemic.

The bill, H.B 621, is known as the Business Fairness Act and passed the House by an overwhelming 75-11 margin on Wednesday, including substantial Democratic support.

DeWine vowed to "absolutely" veto the bill if it reached his desk.

"This is the most serious health crisis for this state in 100 years," DeWine told reporters at the Columbus stop on an airborne tour of the state Wednesday. "And for the state legislature to pick this time, to say 'oh no, we can't do certain things, we can't protect the people of the state of Ohio'...it's just horribly misguided."

If passed into law, H.B. 621 would prevent Governor DeWine or his health director from arbitrarily shutting down certain businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic. It allows that any business which provides a product or service should be allowed to open, as along as that product or service is also provided by a business deemed "essential" and open.
They're spelling DeWhine wrong...very unprofessional :?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

DeWine deferred the answer to Ohio’s newly appointed Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Bruce Vanderhoff.

Vanderhoff began with a warning – “I would caution anyone looking at a particular study and using it as a basis for contradicting a vast repository of medical data and information.”

However, last week there was a single study released by Nature.com that tried to predict the risk of spread from areas such as restaurants, bars, gyms and churches based on cell phone data captured March through May.

Prior to the study being released, DeWine had lauded restaurants and bars for their strict adherence to mitigation strategies and claimed, repeatedly, that businesses were not sources of spread.

But the evidence countering the “incontrovertible” efficacy of masks doesn’t come from one study alone, in fact there have been two in the past week, including the one from the New England Journal of Medicine.
"Settled Science"
"Common Sense"
"Incontrovertable"

Shut up, I don't need to make my case, I have authority over you.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

bignflnut wrote: The bill, H.B 621, is known as the Business Fairness Act and passed the House by an overwhelming 75-11 margin on Wednesday, including substantial Democratic support.
75-11 that looks like more than 3/5ths to me.. how's the vote in the senate looking.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

WhyNot wrote:
Additionally, my I won't be going to the BMV to renew my...
just do it online :D perhaps? Plan B is a ticket perhaps

U can always go full rouge and NEVER :shock: renew. I mean, chances are you'll never be pulled over for anything
I was at the local BMV a week ago or so, go inside when asked, give phone #, go back outside and wait for a phone call, 45 minutes I was on the way home for all three of our vehicles renewed.
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Senate Bill 311 also would enable lawmakers to rescind certain Ohio Department of Health orders or rules aimed at stopping the spread of infectious disease.

Backers say the proposed law changes would provide a needed check on wider orders that impact residents’ civil liberties, lives and livelihoods.

Opponents counter that the legislation would harmfully limit health officials’ ability to effectively address infectious diseases and outbreaks.

The bill passed the Ohio House’s State and Local Government Committee Thursday morning and was OK'd by the full chamber later in the day by a vote of 58-30.
Need 60 there...so we might be in this state for a little while...or we need a few votes

techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

Top Global Pathologist — ‘Coronavirus is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated’…“Masks are utterly useless. There is no evidence base for their effectiveness whatsoever,” he said. Noting that he was also an expert in virology, renowned pathologist Dr. Roger Hodkinson pointed out that his role as CEO of a biotech company that manufactures COVID tests means, “I might know a little bit about all this.”
https://www.citizenfreepress.com/breaki ... rpetrated/

Food for thought.
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

...and the next three ''experts'' say they do.

I have limited options when dealing with the public.
Don't do it;
hold my breath;
trust them, they ''know'' if they are in between contact and outright infection (they know THEY cannot infect anyone) (yeah, uhuh, right-o);
shop at low peak contact times i.e. late evenings, early morn....oops <pOOf> gone
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

I've been wearing a Nerf mask around, when asked.

It's entirely useless, but it is as scientifically sound as anyone else's.

tinyurl.com/y6z5bwgx

Get a load of this...

WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

I've gone with this one. Kabuki mask seems appropriate.

bignflnut wrote:I've been wearing a Nerf mask around, when asked.

It's entirely useless, but it is as scientifically sound as anyone else's.

tinyurl.com/y6z5bwgx

Get a load of this...
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

WhyNot wrote:.
I have limited options when dealing with the public.
Don't do it;
hold my breath;
trust them, they ''know'' if they are in between contact and outright infection (they know THEY cannot infect anyone) (yeah, uhuh, right-o);
shop at low peak contact times i.e. late evenings, early morn....oops <pOOf> gone
Went to the warehouse club yesterday.. there were some people with carts on both sides of the isle dunno what they were doing, kinda hanging out ?? I grabbed my 1 package allowed of toilet paper, and then just moved right through the people , down the center of the isle, between their carts and kept on going. I heard the guy say behind me "Didn't even say excuse me, how rude." I was thinking I'm not talking around a bunch of people I don't know, that are blocking the isles during a 'pandemic'. Normally yes I would have said excuse me, but not right now. I was keeping my mouth closed as I went by. If that makes me rude, so be it, quit blocking the isles you still can't buy more than one of those packages of TP..

I asked one of the cashiers at checkout and she said they were cleaned out of their entire stock of "Members mark" Bulk TP packages in 2 hours on Sunday.. So, apparently the Toilet paper hoarding is starting again even though I've yet to hear of a person with Covid that gets Montezuma's revenge as well. so just a heads up if you are running low. **sigh**
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
High Power

Post by High Power »

Ohio SB 311 passed the house. Below is a link to an article about the bill. Take this article for what it's worth. The writer (and the news agency) are against this bill. Nevertheless, the article is instructive for showing how many "nanny" government agencies are against it just to run our lives.

Even though the article has a negative slant, the comments by the lawmakers supporting the bill. In addition, the House republicans voted down a Democratic proposal for everyone in chambers to wear masks. What's good for our political masters ought to be good for us.

https://sanduskyregister.com/news/28923 ... or-dewine/

Here is a link showing the official status of the bill. I don't think the Senate will have enough votes to override the emperor's veto unless enough people call them to let their voices be heard.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

techmike wrote:Top Global Pathologist — ‘Coronavirus is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated’…“Masks are utterly useless. There is no evidence base for their effectiveness whatsoever,” he said. Noting that he was also an expert in virology, renowned pathologist Dr. Roger Hodkinson pointed out that his role as CEO of a biotech company that manufactures COVID tests means, “I might know a little bit about all this.”
https://www.citizenfreepress.com/breaki ... rpetrated/

Food for thought.
I sent this link to a couple of experts I know, one is a Doctor treating covid patients and the other is a scientist whose company has been working on Covid-19 research and asked them for just a basic response. This is one part of the link that they both disagreed with, and the reasons why.
Hodkinson remarked that “social distancing is useless because COVID is spread by aerosols which travel 30 meters or so before landing,” as he called for society to be re-opened immediately to prevent the debilitating damage being caused by lockdowns.
1. It's 30 feet, not 30 meters for small droplet aerosols.

2. The scientific evidence is just not there that people are contracting Covid from short term exposure to small droplet aerosols. It could theoretically happen, particularly if someone is indoors in a small environment for a long period of time without proper air filtration and not wearing proper protective equipment.
“Masks are utterly useless. There is no evidence base for their effectiveness whatsoever,” he said.
They both agree that this is generally incorrect.
“Paper masks and fabric masks are simply virtue signalling. They’re not even worn effectively most of the time. It’s utterly ridiculous. Seeing these unfortunate, uneducated people – I’m not saying that in a pejorative sense – seeing these people walking around like lemmings obeying without any knowledge base to put the mask on their face.”
They both sort of agree with this, IF your goal is to filter out covid from others. Paper masks and fabric masks (not bandanas) IF worn properly reduce the large droplet spread distance from infected people, so if everyone is wearing a face covering the transmission rate can be reduced. (not eliminated)
This opinion of theirs has been documented with months of not only lab testing but also contact tracing. If you want effective protection from others you need better PPE, which unfortunately is generally not available to the public. Social distancing and limiting possible exposure time to the general public, particularly in an indoor environment, is as or even more important than mask wearing.
as he called for society to be re-opened immediately to prevent the debilitating damage being caused by lockdowns.
Both of them are opposed to lockdowns, with the possible exception of the cruise ship industry. The scientific evidence does not show that people are getting covid via most businesses that practice safe protocols.

Something I've personally noticed that seems to confirm what I've been told is the data from official contact tracing, is how people are getting Covid in the last 6 months. Although I still don't personally know anyone who has actually had covid yet, I know people who know of people (coworkers or distant friends of theirs) who did contract covid, and in EVERY instance they got it from a family member or someone they met at a private party, a wedding after party, a funeral after gathering, a family event, etc. where they were generally indoors, no social distancing, no mask wearing. Outdoor parties have also spread covid too, IF there was no social distancing or mask wearing. Being outdoors is little protection if you're sitting right next to an infected person for hours.
The doctor also slammed the unreliability of PCR tests, noting that “positive test results do not, underlined in neon, mean a clinical infection,” and that all testing should stop because the false numbers are “driving public hysteria.”
They are both critical of PCR tests as well.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

tinyurl.com/y6z5bwgx ==> Masks

https://tinyurl.com/yy6alvxj" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ===> PCR Testing is a fraud

M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

I recheck my emails from them and realized that I made an error in the last part of my previous post, when I said,
They are both critical of PCR tests as well.
They are actually both critical of the antigen or "rapid" tests, NOT the PCR tests that take longer. They said the PCR tests are more accurate than the rapid tests, in fact the most accurate tests of the ones people commonly take, particularly in the false + rate. This is assuming however that the tests are collected properly AND analyzed properly. There was allegedly a lab down south that had a 50% false positive rate for a while until they realized they had cross contamination in the lab itself.

They did say however that a positive PCR test does not automatically mean the patient is automatically going to spread covid to others.
skylinechiliboi

Post by skylinechiliboi »

All these damn tests. One minute they have an accuracy rate of 95%. Then the next minute it's a 40% accuracy rate. I wish they'd just settle on a number. Making my head hurt...