Kansas City WalMart RKBA clears store

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Kansas City WalMart RKBA clears store

Post by bignflnut »

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - Two men with handguns in their waistbands alarmed shoppers when they entered a Kansas City-area Walmart on Sunday, but police say they were just buying ammunition for target practice.

Kansas City, Missouri, Police Sgt. Jake Becchina says the men were cooperative and were released because they hadn't violated Missouri law.

Shopper Clennon Jones said he saw officers speed into the parking lot and one jumped out with shotgun in hand. Jones says shoppers streamed out of the store and warned others not to enter.

Missouri does not require a permit to openly carry a firearm for those 19 years or older. The Walmart store the men entered does not prohibit guns in the store.
Is this exercise of one's Natural Rights motivated by
A) Open Defiance of the Politically Correct / Communist ninnys out there
B) Self defense in a soft target
C) Respect for those who have sacrificed to maintain these Rights
D) An effort to protect these rights for future generations
E) All of the Above
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
marca

Re: Kansas City WalMart RKBA clears store

Post by marca »

F. Because they can and choose to.
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Did anyone benefit from this event?
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

Sevens wrote:Did anyone benefit from this event?
I am waiting to see the replies to this.
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Well, there is a difference between doing something because you can but it might be a bad idea vs doing something because you can and it is a good idea. Just say'n
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
JeffMinar

Post by JeffMinar »

I believe the real problem is that some shoppers called the police in this situation. If the guys were just going about their business and shopping, the fact that they were armed should not have "alarmed" anyone. If there had been no call to police, there would have been no event, no news, good news. Can't fault the police because they have to come when called. Dispatch can't ignore the call, just respond to it.
Jeff
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Sounds like (reserving the right to be corrected) the KC PD carried themselves well, so further training proving that they don't live in a warzone, that's positive.

This event helps to normalize the exercise of RKBA. Let me show you my math/logic.

The PD can't touch these guys, which encourages more people to carry in public.

Carrying in public, if increased, will decrease crime, as criminals will have fewer soft targets. (or at the least end criminal rampages more swiftly)

Decreasing crime is a benefit to society, is it not?

#Positivity
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

If I noticed a styrofoam cup floating in the Gulf, it would be a fine idea if I waded out in to the water and collected it. Certainly a net positive but in the grand scheme.. the Gulf and/or the Atlantic and most of humankind isn't going to see a huge improvement in their life from this act.

Now if I were to clear 2,500 tourists and families from a beach and rope that sucker off with a hazmat team, the EPA and seven television news organizations to retrieve the styrofoam cup, I might need to reassess my arithmetic.

To the event up for discussion, I'll guess these guys are morons.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

...floating in the Gulf, it would be a fine idea if I waded out in to the water...
BUT.....

Speaking of wawa...

No one ''clears the deck'' ,er, store, when Miss College Studentette size6 walks into shopping store X, fresh from the beach in beach type clothes 8) thinly covered in some type of beach wrap thing. (or whatever they're called I don't go to the beach) ( I fish, and swim real good, like a rock hehe).

Snap back (git yer mind back! here!! yoohoo! over here!) to the conversation, does the '' .'' go correctly after the word 'thing. ' , or, at the very end of last brackets e.g. ' hehe). ' I dunno, so I did it both ways LoL

See, she & theme-ettes have been.... exercising their rights for decades, so ...here it is ...it has become normal
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
High Power

Post by High Power »

WhyNot wrote:
...floating in the Gulf, it would be a fine idea if I waded out in to the water...
BUT.....

Speaking of wawa...

No one ''clears the deck'' ,er, store, when Miss College Studentette size6 walks into shopping store X, fresh from the beach in beach type clothes 8) thinly covered in some type of beach wrap thing. (or whatever they're called I don't go to the beach) ( I fish, and swim real good, like a rock hehe).

Snap back (git yer mind back! here!! yoohoo! over here!) to the conversation, does the '' .'' go correctly after the word 'thing. ' , or, at the very end of last brackets e.g. ' hehe). ' I dunno, so I did it both ways LoL

See, she & theme-ettes have been.... exercising their rights for decades, so ...here it is ...it has become normal
Hey guys! Stop looking at my gun. My eyes are up here!

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
OhioPaints

Post by OhioPaints »

Apparently the anti-gun folks. Walmart and Krogers have announced a request for people not to open carry in their stores.

Ken