Police chief comments on shooting of dog

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Police chief comments on shooting of dog

Post by M-Quigley »

There's also body cam video.
SIDNEY — Sidney Police Chief William Balling issued a statement late Wednesday night about the fatal shooting of a dog by one of his officers to counter people he said were misrepresenting the truth on the internet.
https://www.whio.com/news/local/police- ... 2meeCmKIL/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Police chief comments on shooting of dog

Post by sodbuster95 »

The body cam video stops (understandably) right before the shot. However...I would have shot the dog, too.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Yep. Cop or not, the dog came out aggressive. The dog was dealt with.
sodbuster95 wrote:The body cam video stops (understandably) right before the shot. However...I would have shot the dog, too.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
fyrfytr310

Post by fyrfytr310 »

sodbuster95 wrote:The body cam video stops (understandably) right before the shot. However...I would have shot the dog, too.
Agreed. Not that I expect the dog to understand what a drawn weapon means but the unfortunate reality is if I think the dog isn't going to stop, I'll do what I need to to do to end the threat.
-Mike

NRA Life Member

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
Tench Coxe
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

WY_Not wrote:Yep. Cop or not, the dog came out aggressive. The dog was dealt with.
Exactly. Cop or not, it appeared to me from the video that the cop was in front of the house on public property when it happened. That could've easily been someone merely walking down the street.
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

Ohio law is pretty clear on this one. Now keep in mind also that this dog has caused neighbors to call in the police. As a dog owner this should be your first clue to get control of your dog.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.