Moderators: Chuck, evan price, Stryker74, jgarvas, MrMagoo, OldManTod, schmieg, Derek D., Jake, 3FULLMAGS+1, MeanStreaker, Mustang380gal, oldmic, Bryan Torok, djmac1964, JediSkipdogg, JustaShooter, Morne, NavyChief, sabalo, Coordinators
I've noticed an increasing number of posts that are nothing more than a link to a story on another site, or contain just a small quote.
• No "document dumping" - Do not forward complete/fractional stories from other mailing list, other news sources, websites, etc. You MAY post a URL pointing to a story but you MUST include a brief description of the link and what someone will find if they go there. That description MUST include the relevance to concealed carry and the State of Ohio. If you post just a URL and something in the subject, it will be deleted. Include details or don't post the URL.
If you want to post a link, at least tell what that link is going to. Summarize the content briefly and post a bit of commentary so people know what the link goes to and why you feel it is relevant.
While it isn't technically against the rules, I'd like to see some better subjects for posts as well. "Check this out" or "not again" tell the forum user absolutely nothing about what to expect in the thread.
Last edited by Daniel
on Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Training CounselorNorthcoast Firearms TrainingWe must carry arms because we value our lives and those of our loved ones, because we will not be dealt with by force or threat of force, and do not live at the pleasure and discretion of the lawless. - Jeff Snyder
- OFCC Coordinator
- Posts: 3375
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:07 am
- Location: Sheffield Village, OH
Daniel wrote:While it isn't technically against the rules, I'd like to see some better subjects for posts as well. "Check this out" or "not again" tell the forum user absolutely nothing about what to expect in the thread.
I have this same pet peeve on another board I belong to. You get quite a few "a question" topic titles. Nevermind the fact that every thread is either a question or the sharing of something
"Moderation in the defense of liberty is no virtue." - Ann Coulter
"Liberalism is part of a religious disorder that demands a belief that life is controllable." - Ann Coulter
By their fruits ye shall know them.
- Posts: 5283
- Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:15 am
- Location: Oregon, OH
What's fun is when you've only got ten characters or so to use for the "Subject"....
Lots of "HELP!"
Agreed on the linking issues - I usually wander down the thread a few posts (if possible) to see what the quote's about.
(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)
(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)
יזכר לא עד פעם
- Posts: 9512
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:36 am
- Location: Youngstown OH
Return to Forum Rules, Policies, & How-to's
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest