Greetings and looking for info

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Ag1216

Greetings and looking for info

Post by Ag1216 »

Hey guys, this seems to be a one stop shop for CCW info. Can anyone provide a realistic turn around time for a app placed with summit county?
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Greetings and looking for info

Post by JustaShooter »

Hard to say, their CHL clerk recently retired and I haven't seen anything from applicants recently to know how things might have changed. Officer Munday used to sit on applications and I know of several people who went up to or even beyond the 45-day limit set in Ohio law. I'm hoping for a positive change...
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Summit County has generally.....historically......sucked. With the Covid, we can now go to any county to apply or renew. Suggestions for you are Lake, Portage or Geauga.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Ag1216

Post by Ag1216 »

pirateguy191 wrote:Summit County has generally.....historically......sucked. With the Covid, we can now go to any county to apply or renew. Suggestions for you are Lake, Portage or Geauga.
Wish i knew that, they were the only ones with the earliest appointments. Guess this will be the equivalent of waiting for a better county
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Welcome to the forum! :)
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
stringygerm

Post by stringygerm »

My Summit County experience (original and renewal) was fast (a few days for each) and friendly. Pre retirement however. You can get a passport photo at the post office a block or two away. Good Luck