Greetings from the Heart of Hoosierland

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Lex Concord

Greetings from the Heart of Hoosierland

Post by Lex Concord »

Howdy, all.

I live in Central Indiana, but occasionally visit Ohio and this seemed like a great place to get a better understanding of carrying in Ohio without running afoul of the law.

The specific question that landed me here this evening is whether the Cincinnati Art Museum has gun buster signs at the door.

I Googled, and found a 2014 news story claiming there was such a sign at the time (they were pointing it out as ironic as the special exhibit was about some fella creating art by firing a gun), but I also found a thread on this forum (from about the same period) claiming no such signs were in place at the museum.

Does anyone know current state? I realize I can just walk back to the car and lock her up if I see one, but I'd rather be prepared.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.
Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... the unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.

-- Tench Coxe
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Greetings from the Heart of Hoosierland

Post by JustaShooter »

Welcome to the OFCC forums! Hopefully someone will be along shortly with recent information about the museum's status.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Welcome :)

Sorry I don't know about the specific venue

As stated before, don't weary, someone here knows :idea:
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Welcome. I swing through that area sometimes, because the Art Museum is in Eden Park, a great place to get some exercise walking. Unfortunately the lousy winter weather has precluded all that for now.

I can go look in the next couple days anyhow, if it will help.

Whatever you do, don't call the Museum and ask. That never works out the way we on this board like it to.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Brian D. wrote:Welcome. I swing through that area sometimes, because the Art Museum is in Eden Park, a great place to get some exercise walking. Unfortunately the lousy winter weather has precluded all that for now.

Whatever you do, don't call the Museum and ask. That never works out the way we on this board like it to.
Welcome! :) I can't help you about the Art Museum, sorry, I don't swing that way. :oops:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

If there anything like Cleveland Art Museum they are posted..
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Lex Concord

Post by Lex Concord »

Brian D. wrote:Welcome. I swing through that area sometimes, because the Art Museum is in Eden Park, a great place to get some exercise walking. Unfortunately the lousy winter weather has precluded all that for now.

It's very kind of you to offer, but I'd hate for anyone to go even a bit out of his way to check.

Also, I appreciate the pro-tip on not calling. Signs have no weight on their own in Indiana (i.e. prohibited places are explicitly named in statute, everywhere else its a trespass risk if they notice, ask you to leave, and you refuse), so I generally don't even notice signage when on the home front.

I was in Cincy last year for a convention and got a little practice. After re-reading the code on parking lot rules on handgunlaw.us, it seems I may need to go buy a locking container to be in compliance with the letter of the law this time around :lol:
Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... the unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.

-- Tench Coxe
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Already figured out a plan to go by the Art Museum tomorrow. A great breakfast spot I haven't been to lately is along the route.

Doing some in-person eyeballing and advocacy for us has become a regular thing in my life. From time to time people get rid of their signs.

********************************************************************************
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

The main entrance to the museum is closed for remodeling the next few weeks. They're making it handicap accessible. Couldn't get close enough to look at those doors.

The temporary entrance is around the back, and it isn't posted. Nor are there metal detectors/wanding.

A good friend who takes his son there regularly says the main entrance is the same, when open.

Lex Concord

Post by Lex Concord »

Thanks so much, Brian. I truly appreciate you taking the time to do the recon.

-- Tench Coxe