Hello

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Rodeno

Hello

Post by Rodeno »

Hello All:

I was born and raised in Ohio and after a brief five years living in PA my family and I moved back to Ohio about nine months ago. While living in PA I found my love of firearms and became an avid shooter. Now that I'm back in Ohio I'm in search of some like minded folks and a great place to shoot!

If anyone has any feedback on ranges/clubs in NE Ohio where I can do more than just bench shoot it would be greatly appreciated (practice draw stroke, shoot from concealment, multiple targets, basically a place to not only shoot but train).

Rodeno
Rodeno
Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Hello

Post by Whirlwind06 »

Welcome to OFCC!
Rodeno

Post by Rodeno »

Thanks, Whirlwind!
Rodeno
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Welcome to OFCC! Not too many options I'm aware of, but I do know of a couple that you might check out.

AJ Harris tactical indoor range in Massillon allows holster work, but if I recall correctly, strong-side only. Not sure about draw from concealment, you'd have to ask them. As far as targets, they have a fully programmable target system in the upper range that allows the target to transition edge/front/back on a timer, but no multiple target stuff that I know of.

Tusco Rifle Club (members only) outdoor range is where I do most of my holster and concealment work, multiple targets, etc. I do it up on the utility range, and only when nobody else is on the range. That, and it's a bit far from you...

Good luck finding a place that meets your needs!
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Tourist
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Tourist »

Welcome to the forum.
Rodeno

Post by Rodeno »

Thanks, Justashooter. I have been surprised at the lack of options here. In western PA there are so many clubs that have great facilities...
Rodeno
Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Whirlwind06 »

There is the BASS match at Stonewall range every month. 3 stages with usually 1 or 2 of them a involving drawing, moving and reloads.
Matches are from 5:30-8:30 on the 3rd Saturday of every month.

Details: Cost is $10 for the first shoot and $5 for each re-shoot. Handgun: Any semi-auto or revolver, 38 caliber or larger. Ammo: bring a
minimum of 50 rounds. Magazines/Speed Loaders: a minimum of 3 is suggested. Other stuff: strong side (no cross draw) belt or leg (thigh) holster (no shoulder, ankle or other ‘trick hideout’ rigs). Defensive/Tactical Target Setups, Time & Accuracy based scoring. Check us out, make new friends, and have a good time. No prizes, just friendly competition for novice to master level shooters.
I go over to B&D Range in Lorain, you can't draw. But I do a lot of low ready, and reload drills. Also within my lane I try to get of the X. :)

There is a really nice indoor range on 611 that has opened and closed a few times. Last time I drove by it there sign up with "Coming soon something something tactical training". That was about a 2 months ago, so they may be reopening soon.

ETA
found them: http://www.tacticalfirearmstraining.biz/about" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Welcome and check out the training opportunities at One Life Defense. It seems like what you may be looking for.

http://www.onelifedefense.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB