New member hello

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bigbluesun

New member hello

Post by Bigbluesun »

Hello,
I have been shooting with friends a few times over the years but decided to take the CCW class to learn more than just shooting with friends. Though the stress relieving hobby is appealing itself, to learn the ins and outs and be allowed to defend yourself in the right circumstances is even better.
I took the CCW class with my husband today and the questions I have could not be answered by the instructor so I came here.
I read if you have ever been convicted of any drug crimes do not apply.
12 years ago I had what is recorded as "Amend to disorderly conduct from marijuana possession"
So I don't know if it would count as being convicted of a drug crime since it was actually changed to the disorderly conduct.
I don't want to say no on the application if it would be obviously.
Tourist
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: New member hello

Post by Tourist »

Welcome to the forum.

I'm sure some of the legal eagles will be able to answer your question.
someguy

Post by someguy »

Welcome to ofcc! Exactly the type of question this place is here for. I'm sure a more knowledgeable member will be along in a bit.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

The most important information you can provide would be the exact section of the Ohio Revised Code that you were *convicted* of. The charge doesn't matter, what matters is what you were found guilty of or plead guilty to.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!