newbe from Cincinnati

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

pokerdog

newbe from Cincinnati

Post by pokerdog »

Name is Mike, lived in SW Ohio my whole life, paramedic in both Ohio and Kentucky. Have been around haandguns my whole life, but finely thought it was time to get off my butt and get my CHL. Took the class at Pointblank and enjoyed it. Turned in my papers to Clermont County the next morning, quick in and out. But, I guess either they or BCI is overworked, since the quick turn around time I heard of is now into the 3rd week. Just waiting on the call. Have lived whole life in Hamilton county, but 6 addresses to check, don't see what delay is except a lot of folks filing slowing it down.
Have lurked on site for awhile, and have gotten some good information.
Currently just own a Glock 23, but looking at adding a 9mm for summer time carry, that the wife can handle if needed, the 27 was too much for her to handle the recoil in the compact frame.
Thanks for the information provided.
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: newbe from Cincinnati

Post by djmac1964 »

Welcome aboard Mike!
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

Hello and welcome. I'm familiar with the G23.. nice piece, uber-reliable.(yes.. thats a word)
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
Tourist
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Tourist »

Welcome to the forum.
pokerdog

Post by pokerdog »

Well the whining about waiting for the call from Clermont County worked :shock:
2 minutes after hitting the submit button, I got the call, now card carrying CHL holder :D
Pops Fun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Pops Fun »

Welcome, glad you got your card :)
Steve

"Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it, have never known it again.".............. Ronald Reagan
fisher

Post by fisher »

Welcome neighbor!
"If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot"
-Joe Deters, Hamilton County Prosecutor
(Chant) Hey Hey, Ho Ho, This Nanny-State Has Got To Go. (Everyone, sing along).....
-Me
" I know what dude I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!"
-Kirk Lazarus
http://www.patriotguard.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.gunbanobama.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Erik02bu

Post by Erik02bu »

I am in my third week of waiting for a call from Clearmont county. I am going to start whining and see if it works for me.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Erik02bu wrote:I am in my third week of waiting for a call from Clearmont county. I am going to start whining and see if it works for me.
Over all through these last ten years, Clermont County has done well by us. Whining would not be helpful in my opinion. Keep in mind that through the years all sorts of folks besides CH licensees have been newly required to go through background checks. Sometimes the line gets a little long.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.