Hello from Canton

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Harleywood

Hello from Canton

Post by Harleywood »

New member and newbie gun owner here. own a S&W sdve 40 ..bersa thunder 380. I have not gotten my ccw but will soon after a few more trips to the range. I got the bug from a family member. I enjoy the forum and I am learning more every time I come here..thanks for having me....Harleywood :D
I refuse to be a victim
Tweed Ring

Re: Hello from Canton

Post by Tweed Ring »

Safety and safe handling of one's firearm are the most important component oi the range portion of the CHL training. If one uses safe procedures, one should not be overly concerned with one's accuracy.
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

Welcome!
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

Tweed Ring wrote:Safety and safe handling of one's firearm are the most important component oi the range portion of the CHL training. If one uses safe procedures, one should not be overly concerned with one's accuracy.
To add to this, if you are concerned about your marksmanship, the best thing to do to prepare for your CHL licensing is to simply talk to your chosen school/instructor, to find out what his/her/their proficiency requirements are, so that you can properly prepare.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Harleywood

Post by Harleywood »

Thanks for the welcome .. :mrgreen:

I feel good about my accuracy but want to be more confident in general safety and use of a firearm since its been a while since I had one. I have learned a lot thanks to The Internet

harleywood
I refuse to be a victim
meadeam

Post by meadeam »

Welcome, Harlywood. I'm new here too. I'll be taking my Kentucky CCDW class this weekend.

I shot a lot as a youngster, but mostly a bolt-action .22 at beer cans. I have only recently started shooting my .357 on a semi-regular basis, so the world of handguns and CC is pretty wide for me.
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

Hello and welcome. I enjoy the S&W SD as well(Apex trigger kit didn't hurt).
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
kentman

Post by kentman »

Welcome from another Stark County resident. I have to ask about your screen name, is that a play on our most recent famous Canton officer?
Pops Fun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Pops Fun »

Welcome
Steve

"Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it, have never known it again.".............. Ronald Reagan
Harleywood

Post by Harleywood »

kentman wrote:Welcome from another Stark County resident. I have to ask about your screen name, is that a play on our most recent famous Canton officer?
No I got that name by friends I rode my Harley with because I have been in a few tv shows and a movie ..just an extra but on screen a bit..used to live in Florida but moved to canton this summer..ask why???...work :lol:
I refuse to be a victim
JustJack
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JustJack »

Welcome aboard! I have a S&W SD9VE, and the .40 S&W version is nearly identical. Nice gun for the price.
IANAL, YMMV, other standard disclaimers, yada, yada, yada, etc, ad nauseum, in infinitum.
"If stupidity was painful, I would be deaf from all the screaming." - Samuel A. Grim