NEW MEMBERS - Introduce yourself here

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

nick0

Re: NEW MEMBERS - Introduce yourself here

Post by nick0 »

welcome Ben, JonasM, muddslinger, Jag1813, RAF668 and USMC 45! :D
I carry a gun to protect myself & the people I love from the Monsters that roam this earth
SmoothDesignz

Post by SmoothDesignz »

Hey all,

I'm from the central Ohio area, just north of Newark. Been roaming around the forums for a while and decided to go ahead and sign up. I just recently got my CCW, and have only had a few chances to actually carry. I'm proud to say that I now have a better chance of protecting myself, my family and innocent people around me, because you just never know what can happen. I hope to have a little insight on some of the topics, and also to be humble enough to learn something from all of you.
"Those that wish to have guns, and disregard the law, will have guns. Gun control makes violence safer and more effective for the aggressive, whether the aggressor is a terrorist or a government." Ron Paul
45Automatic

Post by 45Automatic »

SmoothDesignz wrote:Hey all,

I'm from the central Ohio area, just north of Newark. Been roaming around the forums for a while and decided to go ahead and sign up. I just recently got my CCW, and have only had a few chances to actually carry. I'm proud to say that I now have a better chance of protecting myself, my family and innocent people around me, because you just never know what can happen. I hope to have a little insight on some of the topics, and also to be humble enough to learn something from all of you.
Welcome aboard :)
“Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.” -Benjamin Franklin
tjeffries

Post by tjeffries »

Welcome to the forums everybody, Jonas we're ALL still learning from each other every day. You've come to the right place, learn how to use the search function, read away, and most of all, participate and enjoy the company here. Even the crabby ones here don't bite too hard :lol:
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive?"-- Alexander Solzhenitzyn, Gulag Archipelago

To paraphrase George Santayana, those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

http://www.barefootsworld.net/tripwire.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jim56

Post by Jim56 »

Hello All,

I've been lurking around the forum for a couple of weeks. Tons of great information here. New to CCW(just got my license) and a new member of OFCC. Will try to contribute when I can, but will probably be asking questions at first.

Keep up the good work OFCC!

Jim56
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

..Welcome Jim to the forum....
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
smallanimal

Post by smallanimal »

Hi All,

Been lurking for quite a while; just signed up last week. Been enjoying all the discussions. I always had an interest in guns, but put off purchasing--always something else to do with the money when you have a house, wife and kids, yes?? When it became apparent of who was going to be elected a few years ago, I was afraid I would never get to purchase--so I did. Guns are a fun subject--there is never a shortage of things to talk about. I enjoy reading the forums on this site, and hope to be able to get to the range more. I had a few friends tell me about this site, which is what brought me here.

SmallAnimal
j99ranger4x4

Post by j99ranger4x4 »

Hello all, my name is jake and live in westerville, just started getting into guns recently, hoping to find info on here and just expand my general knowledge. hope to get my license soon.
kc8rsr

Post by kc8rsr »

ahh finally i find the introduction thread. one would think this would be topic 1 on the home page, but that's just my opinion.

hello i am Steve, i am in canton, oh. i was raised around guns and have owned them on and off my entire life. i am planning to get my CCW/CHL in the very near future, i just simply have not had the time and money to go to the SO and fill out the paperwork to get it. i currently hold a OPOTC firearms certificate for priv security/law enforcement, so i just have to get the time and money and go to my local SO. i work full time as a 911 dispatcher for private EMS all over the state of Ohio and parts of West Virginia. and any given time i am dispatching for anywhere from 14 to 30 vehicles.

any questions feel free to contact me.

thanks
Steve
Steve

KC8RSR
Amateur radio opperator
911/EMS dispatcher
part time LEO
OHI007 IPN dispatcher. http://www.incidentpage.net
Skywarn / ARES

S&W Sigma sw9ve
KelTec P3AT (x2)
Taurus P138 (wife's)
and growing
tjeffries

Post by tjeffries »

Welcome aboard Steve, retired volunteer firefighter/paramedic here, among other things. Don't envy your job as a dispatcher one bit :lol:
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive?"-- Alexander Solzhenitzyn, Gulag Archipelago

To paraphrase George Santayana, those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

http://www.barefootsworld.net/tripwire.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mccurdy

Post by mccurdy »

I am new to the site and wanted to say Hello. I recently found this site from buckeye firearms association. I just received my license to carry a few months ago. I look forward to becoming a active member.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

.Welcome aboard MC. you will find this forum educating and exciting, not to mention we have some of the most informed people when it comes to the laws and the Constitution. :)
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

j99ranger4x4 wrote:Hello all, my name is jake and live in westerville, just started getting into guns recently, hoping to find info on here and just expand my general knowledge. hope to get my license soon.
..Westerville, a great town. Love the gun store their. They carry some fine looking M-14's...Welcome....
Misnomer

Post by Misnomer »

Okay... Well here it goes:

Hey y'all... I'm just a very old, very tired, incredibly skeptical and sarcastic Political Science student who spends too much time reading news articles and developing frown lines on my once smooth forehead... Since something compelled me to either take up a crack cocaine addiction or look for a hobby that did not include reading the daily news, I thought I may as well become an expert on the Second Amendment, buy myself some guns and hunt the critters that accompany the aroma wafting in from the porta potty next door ... I'm just here to chill and keep myself from ramming into the insultingly ugly Nissan Leaf parked outside my apartment.

BTW. I like the inclusion of the smilies to the right side of the screen; everyone has got to have a sense of humor in times like these.

Good night. :wink:
45Automatic

Post by 45Automatic »

Misnomer wrote:Okay... Well here it goes:

Hey y'all... I'm just a very old, very tired, incredibly skeptical and sarcastic Political Science student who spends too much time reading news articles and developing frown lines on my once smooth forehead... Since something compelled me to either take up a crack cocaine addiction or look for a hobby that did not include reading the daily news, I thought I may as well become an expert on the Second Amendment, buy myself some guns and hunt the critters that accompany the aroma wafting in from the porta potty next door ... I'm just here to chill and keep myself from ramming into the insultingly ugly Nissan Leaf parked outside my apartment.

BTW. I like the inclusion of the smilies to the right side of the screen; everyone has got to have a sense of humor in times like these.

Good night. :wink:
Welcome to the forum. This should be a fun "chill" spot for you.
:lol:
“Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.” -Benjamin Franklin