NEW MEMBERS - Introduce yourself here

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

swelms22

Re: NEW MEMBERS - Introduce yourself here

Post by swelms22 »

jabeatty wrote:
swelms22 wrote:Hi my names Sam. I'm from cuyahoga county. I have been around guns for the last 2 years and fortunately they stuck. Now that I am of legal age to obtain my chl I feel it necessary to exercise those rights!!! I look forward to talking to everyone and learning the ins and out of open and soon to be carry concealed. Thank you!
Welcome, Sam - what do you plan to carry, and what will you carry it in?

Thanks! I am currently looking into a p250 (9mm). I'm not 100% on the holster yet but would prefer the holster made for the gun which is the p250 paddle holster :D unless anyone has a better idea?
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

..All you Garfield Hts. guys need to stop in my store for a chit chat and a cup of coffee. Thats a order...... :)
....WELCOME to OFCC.....
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
swelms22

Post by swelms22 »

carmen fovozzo wrote:..All you Garfield Hts. guys need to stop in my store for a chit chat and a cup of coffee. Thats a order...... :)
....WELCOME to OFCC.....

ok charmin carmen!!!
EChryst

Post by EChryst »

That makes like 4 or 5 from Garfield, plus Carmen. Welcome Sam. If you're good with Jeff, your pretty much going to be okay with me.
-Erik
swelms22

Post by swelms22 »

Well thats good to know!!
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

Hi Everyone,

My name is Allen. I'm a 36 year-old, married, father of one (daughter, now 5). My friends will tell you that I'm a family man: my wife truly is my best friend, and I'm the type who is completely content and truly happy to drop my daughter off at school, go to work, and then pick her up from school and head straight home, to spend the evening with the wifey. I'm a law-abiding citizen to the core, and I think that's a lot of what's driven me, in more recent days, to be here.

As with many here, I've lurked for a while, and finally decided that it's time to become active. :) I've been doing reading here to prepare myself for the Ohio CCW/CHL, which I will be pursuing this spring, as well as to just become better informed.

I hope to learn and participate - see you all in the Forums. :D
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Welcome Allen. It's good to see another member from Cuyahoga County on board.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

..Welcome to the OFCC forum....
EChryst

Post by EChryst »

TSiWRX wrote:Hi Everyone,

My name is Allen. I'm a 36 year-old, married, father of one (daughter, now 5). My friends will tell you that I'm a family man: my wife truly is my best friend, and I'm the type who is completely content and truly happy to drop my daughter off at school, go to work, and then pick her up from school and head straight home, to spend the evening with the wifey. I'm a law-abiding citizen to the core, and I think that's a lot of what's driven me, in more recent days, to be here.

As with many here, I've lurked for a while, and finally decided that it's time to become active. :) I've been doing reading here to prepare myself for the Ohio CCW/CHL, which I will be pursuing this spring, as well as to just become better informed.

I hope to learn and participate - see you all in the Forums. :D

Welcome Allen!
-Erik
CG4L

Post by CG4L »

Hello everyone. Not a whole lot about me. I'm a 19 year old lifetime Ohioan (except the 2 years I lived in Michigan *shudders*). I currently live in Lima, occasionally coming home to Dayton. I attend the University of Northwestern Ohio taking an associates degree in Microsoft Networking Technology. Never owned a firearm, but I've fired a Glock 21 and 23 a few sessions at the Vandalia Armory & Range. That's about it really for my "about me." I look forward to learning quite a bit firearm laws and regulations.
mboo777

Post by mboo777 »

Greetings,
I just got my CHL last week. I live in Butler County and used the site to see the best place to apply would be. After reading and thinking decided to go with my home county. I have a Bersa .380 and a Metroarms 1911 Commander version. Still looking for a holster. Thanks for the forum, I look forward to the support and knowledge of the members.
EChryst

Post by EChryst »

Welcome to both of you! This is a great place to gather information and answer questions....
-Erik
bltdonahue

Post by bltdonahue »

Hello, folks. It looks like me and the family will be moving back to Ohio this spring. I went to school in Dayton in the 90s (Wright State), and haven't been back since. Concealed carry was just a dream back then...my how things have changed in the Buckeye State!

I left Ohio to join the Air Force, and spent 12 years hopping all over the place both with the Air Force and now a defense contractor. Currently, we're living in Utah (which I consider a extremely gun friendly state). It looks like my Utah CFP is recognized in Ohio, but it's going to expire soon anyhow, so I'll be applying for the Ohio CCW after the move.

I'm here to learn about Ohio's current set of gun laws, and to shoot the breeze about guns.

Thanks!

-BLT
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

..BLT, welcome to OFCC. You have come to the right place to learn....

...And thank you for your service to our country.... :)
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Welcome to any/all new folks. But specifically to bltdonahue with the Utah license, here's a quick recommendation: renew your Utah license and definitely get the Ohio CHL when you get here. You can't get the Ohio CHL right away anyhow, must have been here at least 6 months before you are eligible. In the mean time, you may carry with your Utah license.

Living in Ohio, it's necessary to have at least one out-of-state license. Ohio doesn't have great reciprocity with other states, so if you travel out of state (almost at all!), you need to be legally covered and an Ohio CHL isn't good enough. Many folks use the PA license because it's so easy to get and it's so inexpensive. That is changing VERY soon, but for now, it seems to continue to be an option. Myself, I have the Florida license. It's expensive, but good for 7 years between renewals. If you already have a Utah, renew that license and don't let it lapse. It will serve you well when you venture outside of Ohio.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!