NEW MEMBERS - Introduce yourself here

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Gorkon

Re: NEW MEMBERS - Introduce yourself here

Post by Gorkon »

Hello all,

Been skimming these forums for a few months as I prepared to get my CHL and I was very appreciative of the general advice and freely given answers that were given. As I kept getting deeper and deeper into the past posts I realized what a sense of community there was and how great OCCW was as an organization moving to improve everybody's rights. It is an organization that I am proud to be a supporter of and I hope to get to know you all better. :D
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

I like the avatar, Gorkon. :)
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
color of law
*** Banned ***

Post by color of law »

Gorkon wrote:Hello all,

Been skimming these forums for a few months as I prepared to get my CHL and I was very appreciative of the general advice and freely given answers that were given. As I kept getting deeper and deeper into the past posts I realized what a sense of community there was and how great OCCW was as an organization moving to improve everybody's rights. It is an organization that I am proud to be a supporter of and I hope to get to know you all better. :D
Welcome Gorkon. It is quit obvious you have been only skimming these forums. You forgot to put in your location in your profile. This would/could help when you ask questions. Thanks.
v3rs3

Post by v3rs3 »

Hi everyone. I'm Jon. I live in Grove City (suburb of Columbus) with my 2 year old son. I'm 23 years old and am a mechanic by trade. I recently just was introduced to guns a few months ago and finally decided to get my own. Last week I bought a FNH FNP9 and signed up for my CCW class which starts next month. I'm very excited to be here. I'm also interested in learning to reload ammo. I'm thinking of ordering a Lee's Classic Turret Press Kit in the next couple weeks. Other than that I'm very big into hockey, and most other sports.
Gorkon

Post by Gorkon »

Sorry, must not have hit the submit button on the profile page. :oops:
johnsoax

Post by johnsoax »

Hello,

I have been a lurker for a while, and finally applied for my CCW license last Friday. I have owned an XD9 for about two years now, and I also have a shotgun and a DMPS AR-15 built for me by a police gunsmith (my brother-in-law is a police officer). I am anxiously awaiting my license, but have open carried a few times on my property.

So just wanted to say hello. And the second picture is a S&W 500 (Dad is selling for his best friend's widow :()
Attachments
Me with a S&W 500
Me with a S&W 500
IMG_1844.JPG (65.95 KiB) Viewed 298 times
My AR-15 and my XD-9
My AR-15 and my XD-9
IMG_1180.JPG (74.45 KiB) Viewed 296 times
Alex Johnson
Springfield XD-9 Service Model
Blackhawk Serpa Outside waistband
Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC Inside waistband

Freedom is messy. Freedom is unruly, Freedom always has people who make mistakes as well as people who make wise choices. Freedom is an imperfect society, but I'll take freedom instead of tyrants every day of the week. - BobK
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

johnsoax wrote:Hello,

I have been a lurker for a while, and finally applied for my CCW license last Friday. I have owned an XD9 for about two years now, and I also have a shotgun and a DMPS AR-15 built for me by a police gunsmith (my brother-in-law is a police officer). I am anxiously awaiting my license, but have open carried a few times on my property.

So just wanted to say hello. And the second picture is a S&W 500 (Dad is selling for his best friend's widow :()
Welcome John, I think you will find a lot of nice people, and a lot of useful information here.
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
M.Bison

Post by M.Bison »

Hello all,

Nothing really interesting to report about me, but figured I'd say hi. Bought my first pistol about three years ago (92FS) and finally got my CCW about a week ago, so here I am. Typically carry my USPc 40 but have Serpa for my 92FS when clothing permits... will probably get a holster for my G19 eventually, too. :mrgreen:
tjeffries

Post by tjeffries »

Welcome all, its always nice to see some new blood join the forums :wink:
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive?"-- Alexander Solzhenitzyn, Gulag Archipelago

To paraphrase George Santayana, those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

http://www.barefootsworld.net/tripwire.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
color of law
*** Banned ***

Post by color of law »

One of the most important things in real estate is Location, Location and Location. One of the most important things of a posters profile is Location, Location and Location. How ironic.
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Welcome to all the new people; good to see you join our self-defense rights advocacy group. You'll like it here.
Lots of opinions and good info about many subjects.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

M.Bison wrote:Hello all,

Nothing really interesting to report about me, but figured I'd say hi. Bought my first pistol about three years ago (92FS) and finally got my CCW about a week ago, so here I am. Typically carry my USPc 40 but have Serpa for my 92FS when clothing permits... will probably get a holster for my G19 eventually, too. :mrgreen:
............Welcome. Where you from ?
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
bdog11

Post by bdog11 »

I have been checking out this site for the past several weeks and thought I had better join in. I cant believe all the good information that can be found here. I just recieved my permit and I want to keep on top of things. Any one from S.E. Ohio please post.
greasy

Post by greasy »

Hey guys. Shaner shot me a message over on xdtalk and told me to register over here, so I did.
I am currently a "part-time" resident of the good ol' O-H, as I go to school in Wooster. I have spent the past year or so browsing forums trying to figure out my firearm plans, and I have started to solidify them. I look forward to contributing what I can to this site along with using it as a valuable resource to continue learning.
Lee4847

Post by Lee4847 »

Hello all. My Wife and I took the class last week and dropped the apps of at Wayne co SO today. Should be ready tomorrow. :D
I have been reading this board for a couple of weeks and just signed up this evening.

Only problem I have had is that SHE put 10 in the circle with that little 22 pea shooter and I had 9 with my 40. I'll have to live with that
for a while!! She keeps asking but I WILL NOT make a picture frame for her target!! :mrgreen:

Lee