NEW MEMBERS - Introduce yourself here

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Newcomer
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: NEW MEMBERS - Introduce yourself here

Post by Newcomer »

Welcome aboard Jose45
"You don't have to agree with everything I say...but eventually you'll come to your senses."
http://www.gunauction.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HkSniper

Post by HkSniper »

Hey guys!

A little about me,

I've lurked the site off and on for a while now. Decided today that I should register up.
I currently am not a CCW holder but I plan on changing that soon.
I'm currently 21, turning 22 this year. I'm from the southern Richland county area.

I have a liking for shooting guns and the outdoors. My father taught me gun safety at an early age, started like most other people, with a simple Marlin .22 and moved on up to the bigger stuff as I got older and capable of handling them. :mrgreen:

My current occupation is simply contracted security but I plan on going further and becoming an LEO or getting into Firefighting. Not sure which exactly is my call just yet.

I really enjoy the forum, there are tons of interesting topics and great pieces of advice floating around here. I've been drifting through all night reading and checking out stories from everyone.

I look forward to my stay around here. :D
tjeffries

Post by tjeffries »

Welcome to the forums HkSniper, FF or LEO, you'll find several fine examples of each here. Its always nice to see you younger folks joining in, someone has to be prepared to take over the job of keeping our government in check when us old goats are gone :wink:
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive?"-- Alexander Solzhenitzyn, Gulag Archipelago

To paraphrase George Santayana, those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

http://www.barefootsworld.net/tripwire.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rocketman1670

Post by rocketman1670 »

Took me a few days to finally find this forum! Hi my name's Kyle and I've been a CCW proponent ever since I was won over at a P.R.O. Gunshow a few years back in columbus. I was maybe 13 or 14 then so I guess I was just plain impressionable. That being said I've grown up around the Woods, hunting and guns ever since I could walk and got into participating in my early teens. Now that I'm 21 and on my own I bought a couple weapons for home defense and I intend to get my CHL very soon. I live in the Mansfield area but I'm all over depending on where my friends and family need me. I look forward to getting to know everyone on here and being a positive addition to the CCW community.
"No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." (Thomas Jefferson, Proposal Virginia Constitution, 1 T. Jefferson Papers, 334,[C.J.Boyd, Ed., 1950])
tjeffries

Post by tjeffries »

Welcome to the forums rocketman, glad you finally found us :wink:
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive?"-- Alexander Solzhenitzyn, Gulag Archipelago

To paraphrase George Santayana, those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

http://www.barefootsworld.net/tripwire.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Limey

Post by Limey »

Hello, my name is Jon. I stumbled across this site while researching concealed carry. I really enjoy the company here. Thanks for the opportunity to be a part of the OFCC family. I appreciate all of the advice and wisdom that exists here and hope to learn as much as I can and contribute wherever I can.

Thank you very much,

Limey
CajunTexan~inOhio

Post by CajunTexan~inOhio »

Hi Y'all! I have been lurking here for a while. My husband and I took our CCW class on Valentine's day and got our licenses the following week. I am loving all of the information on this site... (and the snarky comments too!) I carry my Sig P239 in a blackhawk serpa OWB holster for now but I have on order a minotaur IWB, which I can not wait to get! I also have a Glock 19, but I prefer the comfort of my 239 to carry and shoot.
Wife
Mother
CHL Holder
NRA Member
SigSauer P239 9mm in a Comp-Tac Minotaur IWB holster
sekinkead

Post by sekinkead »

Welcome CajunTexan~inOhio, it's nice to see another female on the site. :D
CajunTexan~inOhio

Post by CajunTexan~inOhio »

Thanks! I am glad to see another female as well!
Wife
Mother
CHL Holder
NRA Member
SigSauer P239 9mm in a Comp-Tac Minotaur IWB holster
tjeffries

Post by tjeffries »

CajunTexan~inOhio wrote:Thanks! I am glad to see another female as well!
Awe heck, there's a bunch of ya'll on here, but its always nice to see a few more get involved :P

Welcome to the forums, and feel free to participate at will :wink:

Newcomer
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Newcomer »

Welcome aboard to the last few I missed. Check in often, you too can go broke buying things for sale on here. :lol:
"You don't have to agree with everything I say...but eventually you'll come to your senses."
http://www.gunauction.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jmorman

Post by jmorman »

Hi all! Got my CHL this week, now just waiting for my G26 to show up at the ffl. Been lurking all week, finally joined.

BTW, I have two businesses which are not CPZ's.
Common sense is not common.
color of law
*** Banned ***

Post by color of law »

jmorman wrote:Hi all! Got my CHL this week, now just waiting for my G26 to show up at the ffl. Been lurking all week, finally joined.

BTW, I have two businesses which are not CPZ's.
Welcome!!! Could you put your location in your profile. It is helpful when answering questions. And we are generally nosy.
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

jmorman wrote:BTW, I have two businesses which are not CPZ's.
Details, please. :)
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
jmorman

Post by jmorman »

jabeatty wrote:
jmorman wrote:BTW, I have two businesses which are not CPZ's.
Details, please. :)
I own two funeral homes. Yes, go ahead with your jokes. :) Honestly, though, we have had police stake out our place before looking for a guy on a felony assault warrant that they got a tip would be a pallbearer. I also had one other situation where I had to have an officer hang out for a bit.

Last fall a minister came up and thanked me for not having gunbuster signs up and told me that he had his CHL. Got me thinking that I need to get mine. Slowly trying to get wifey ok with the idea of me carrying.
Common sense is not common.