[SOLD] Knife - Bark River Classic Drop Point Hunter

All other items can be listed here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Knife - Bark River Classic Drop Point Hunter

Post by MeanStreaker »

I wanted a high quality knife for use as a EDC fixed blade around our little farmstead, as well as something that would perform great during deer season. This absolutely fits the bill and all my hours of research and fondling of different knives were confirmed. I wish I could keep it as I love the wood and know I'll never see another one exactly like this... but our lawn tractor deciding to spew oil and white smoke everywhere says I need the money. :(

I bought it brand new about a month ago and it has never cut anything. Comes with a right-hand leather belt sheath that has a loop for a firesteel and the box and stuff that came from Bark River.

I paid $217 for it a few weeks ago. Asking $190 - UPDATE $175 FTF in the Xenia or Miamisburg areas of SW Ohio. Shipping would be a little extra. I need to see if the box fits in a small USPS flat rate box.

Here is the info from Bark River.

Specs

Black and White Ebony Wood
Overall length 8.45"
Blade Length 3.775"
A2 Steel at 59-60 HRC
Thickness .156"
Weight 4.875 ounces
Full exposed tang, contoured handle

The New Bark River Classic Drop Point Hunter is our version of the world famous drop hunter of the late Bob Loveless. This pattern was Bob’s idea of the perfect knife for hunters to carry while pursuing medium and large species of North American game. The slightly lowered point aids in not inadvertently piercing the stomach or the intestines of the game while field dressing. The other subtle feature of the design is how the sharp edge drops away from the line of the hand to increase the cutting angle and make the knife but more efficiently.

The Bark River version of the Drop Point Hunter is the same size as the Original Loveless. The main difference is that Bob’s were hollow ground and ours has our convex grind to a razor sharp edge. A “Classic” design with added Bark River flair.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." --Thomas Paine
MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Knife - Bark River Classic Drop Point Hunter

Post by MeanStreaker »

Just in time for deer season. How about $175?
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." --Thomas Paine
colt_sniper

Post by colt_sniper »

any trade interest?.... would love to own that beauty!
MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MeanStreaker »

Thanks for the offer, but probably not, as we could use the funds.

Here are a few more pics:

MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MeanStreaker »

SPF
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Good! My resolve was weakening. Beautiful knife.
MeanStreaker wrote:SPF
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.