New Poll: Ohio GOP Voters Walked Away from DeWine

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

High Power

New Poll: Ohio GOP Voters Walked Away from DeWine

Post by High Power »

A new poll of 626 likely Republican primary voters conducted by Public Policy Polling and commissioned by the Democratic Governors Association (DGA) has brutal implications for Ohio Governor R. Michael “Mike” DeWine, showing his favorable/unfavorable rating six points underwater.
“His approval rating when it comes to handling the COVID-19 pandemic is also underwater by four points, 40-44,” she said of the poll that was conducted on January 25 and January 26. The poll carries a 3.9 percent margin of error.

“DeWine’s favorability rating is even lower, with 43 percent of voters having an unfavorable opinion of him and 36 percent having a favorable opinion,” Yoshizawa said.

When asked if the primary was held that day, DeWine was the choice of 38 percent of respondents, and his main challenger, former congressman James B. “Jim” Renacci, was the choice of 33 percent, with nearly as many, 29 percent, without an opinion.
https://theohiostar.com/2022/02/05/new- ... se-dewine/

FMD
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: New Poll: Ohio GOP Voters Walked Away from DeWine

Post by WY_Not »

More accurate to say that they ran, not walked.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
EricTheBald

Post by EricTheBald »

I saw one yesterday that was 41/40/19 for Renacci/DeWine/Blystone.
-

I identify as Supreme Emperor of the 20 known Universes.
My preferred pronouns are: My Lord and Your Grace.

-
High Power

Post by High Power »

Dimwit says that he isn't worried. That's because he's probably thinking that all he needs is 34% of the vote in a three way primary race.

I haven't made up my mind yet but I'm leaning more toward Blystone. Farmers tend to exercise more common sense than career politicians.

Regardless of that, it will be interesting to see who Trump endorses for the gubernatorial race.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

EricTheBald wrote:.

I saw one yesterday that was 41/40/19 for Renacci/DeWine/Blystone.
It was actually 41/40/19 Renacci/DeWine/All others combined

The "all others" should get out of the race or there is a very good chance that DeWine wins the primary. None of them have a real chance of winning, so all they do is split the anti-DeWine vote.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

High Power wrote:Dimwit says that he isn't worried. That's because he's probably thinking that all he needs is 34% of the vote in a three way primary race.

I haven't made up my mind yet but I'm leaning more toward Blystone. Farmers tend to exercise more common sense than career politicians.

Regardless of that, it will be interesting to see who Trump endorses for the gubernatorial race.
You might want to read this.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=95514

Blystone is the one who did not show up at the PITP in August.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
High Power

Post by High Power »

schmieg wrote:
High Power wrote:Dimwit says that he isn't worried. That's because he's probably thinking that all he needs is 34% of the vote in a three way primary race.

You might want to read this.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=95514

Blystone is the one who did not show up at the PITP in August.
Thanks for sharing that. His web site and facebook postings show a strong 2A position however, I'm wondering about what he says in this link.

https://www.blystoneforgovernor.com/first-day/

As much as I would like to see Ohio a 2A sanctuary state, I don't think he could do that by executive order. That would mean, if successful, he could nullify every stupid gun law in Ohio.

That would be nice if it were permanent. However, if the Ohio Supreme Court upheld that executive order then it could be just as easily undone be a leftist Governor later on.

So this makes me wonder if he really understands how the legislative process works.

Again, thanks for sharing. So I am beginning to wonder now.

PS: does anyone know what came of the illegal campaign funding allegations against Mr. Blystone?

https://www.joinmaga.com/post/2021-11-0 ... -candidate
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

High Power wrote:
As much as I would like to see Ohio a 2A sanctuary state, I don't think he could do that by executive order. That would mean, if successful, he could nullify every stupid gun law in Ohio.
Slightly off topic, but still kind of on topic...

I'm fed up with Governors (and Presidents) using executive orders as though it's completely normal for democratically elected leaders to rule by fiat. That applies to republicans, democrats, and every other party equally.

Executive Orders should be used by the executive branch to fill in holes left by the legislature for the purpose of enforcing laws which have been duly passed by the legislature only in the circumstance that those laws clearly lack an enforcement mechanism, but the legislative intent equally clearly meant for a law to be enforced.

They should not be used to circumvent the legislative process and enact things wholly outside the scope of a law actually passed by the legislature. Mask and vaccine mandates are the obvious, but by far not the only, examples.

More troubling is the general electorates rapid willingness to accept this new-found executive fiat "power".

//My 2 cents.

//Rant off.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
EricTheBald

Post by EricTheBald »

Something that should be mentioned...

Blystone didn't just "not show up". He stepped all over his pee-pee.

Part of that likely had to do with an inexperienced organization, but a lot of it had to do with his temper and his mouth.

Ironically, he still COULD have come out, even at the last moment, and I was involved in trying to make that happen. Unfortunately, before I could manage to put out the fire on the bridge he'd set on fire, he called an air strike on the bridge. An Arclight mission followed up with a tactical nuke.
-

I identify as Supreme Emperor of the 20 known Universes.
My preferred pronouns are: My Lord and Your Grace.

-