Akron brainstorm on gun violence

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Akron brainstorm on gun violence

Post by catfish86 »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/ak ... d=msedgntp

Basically a city idea forum ahead of decisions on COVID funds. I notice a lack of mention of gun laws other than city police are grabbing as many guns as they can. At the end Councilman Jeff Fusco laments: "Reasonable gun legislation is not in play. And there’s nothing we can do as a city. We’re very limited in our options,” after the article states: One place council members aren't looking for help is to the state. The Ohio legislature has undercut the city's home rule right to self-governance when it comes to setting policy that restrict or regulate gun ownership or use.

Darn those gun rights organization demanding the cities comply with the US Constitution.

Interesting they insist it is a "gun violence" issue and not a "violence" issue. Nobody was stabbed or beaten to death?

Truth be told, it is not that difficult to injure or kill somebody. You don't have to be Rambo, Chuck Norris or Bruce Lee. It is a matter of deciding to do it. Until you deal with the people who decide to do it you have done nothing.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Akron brainstorm on gun violence

Post by WY_Not »

What an absolutely disgusting misuse of taxpayer money. The politicians involved in this patently flagrant abuse/misuse of authority needs tossed out of office and straight into a jail cell. That money was earmarked as Wuhan flu relief. If the money is not spent on that then it needs to go back to the agency that dispensed it.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
docachna

Post by docachna »

Reportedly, this new FOP contract with Columbus police includes $20,000,000 of Wuhan money used to fund early retirements for a bunch of officers with 25 yrs or more.

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/202 ... 377116001/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Akron brainFloatAnAirBiscuit on gun violence

:P

And for those wanting to inquire but won't, it's tea this /am :lol:
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

catfish86 wrote:Truth be told, it is not that difficult to injure or kill somebody. You don't have to be Rambo, Chuck Norris or Bruce Lee. It is a matter of deciding to do it. Until you deal with the people who decide to do it you have done nothing.
#SpiritualWar

This is true. But we must deny the existence of a soul, much less a spirit that guides it.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

Oh, sorry, I forgot what I am supposed to be trained to think. I guess I will need to binge watch CNN over the weekend to adjust my thinking.

I remember discussing terrorism incidents with a Spec Ops soldier of considerable experience and he made the statement that use of a firearm is simply a lack of imagination. After the discussion I will suffice it to say I am convinced.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
Texian

Post by Texian »

But it is always about controlling law abiding people and their guns. They have no control over criminals and their behaviour because their focus is always on the tool used.