Dr. Amy Acton considers running for Portman's seat

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Dr. Amy Acton considers running for Portman's seat

Post by M-Quigley »

It's a US Senate seat so I didn't know whether to put this in national or Ohio, but since Ohioans might be voting on her I put it here. Despite Portman not being pro gun, he is at least technically a Republican, so electing a Republican in 2022 might affect the balance of the Senate and delay any gun control issues not already rushed through in the next 2 yrs. I think she's a Democrat. I can't find the source at this moment but I've read somewhere she has made anti gun comments, trying to related them to medical issues. (ie gun control is needed as a public health issue type of thing)

https://www.whio.com/news/local/dr-amy- ... JKTINE3ZA/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Dr. Amy Acton considers running for Portman's seat

Post by Morne »

I doubt she ends up running. If she does, she loses. Probably in the primary.

Running for elected office is a demanding affair. US Senate ups the ante a lot. She couldn’t handle a few months of the spotlight and public pressure. No way she can make it a year plus of campaigning.

I predict Tim Ryan is the Dem nominee for US Senate and Nan Whaley is the Dem nominee for governor.
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

I think if she could make it through the Democrat primary, she would have a good shot of winning the seat. She is basically a reality TV star and has a load of fans. I run a local For Sale group on Facebook. When someone wants to join, I can see some of the groups the person already has membership in. Before Facebook recently revamped, I could see a max of 20 groups (it is now 5) and I would see Amy Acton Fan Club all the time.
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

Morne wrote:I doubt she ends up running. If she does, she loses. Probably in the primary.

Running for elected office is a demanding affair. US Senate ups the ante a lot. She couldn’t handle a few months of the spotlight and public pressure. No way she can make it a year plus of campaigning.

I predict Tim Ryan is the Dem nominee for US Senate and Nan Whaley is the Dem nominee for governor.

LORD GOD Morne I hope that you're wrong!

That "woman" is the bane of my existence.
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

Former Ohio Department of Health director Dr. Amy Acton will not be running for U.S. Senate in 2022.

"Please know I am deeply grateful for the outpouring of support from my fellow Ohioans, and from across the country," Acton wrote in a press release Tuesday. "I especially wish to express my heartfelt appreciation to all who have worked quietly behind the scenes to help me consider this path. While I am not entering the race for U.S. Senate, I recognize there is a genuine longing for a fresh approach to leadership that is honest, collaborative, and empowering."
https://news.wosu.org/politics/2021-04- ... at-in-2022