Ohio Appeals Court Strikes Down Cincinnati’s Bump Stock Ban

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Cincinnati’s ban on “trigger activators” like bump stocks, originally approved by city officials in April of 2018, is unconstitutional according to the state’s First Appellate Court.
https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2020/11/2 ... stock-ban/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Ohio Appeals Court Strikes Down Cincinnati’s Bump Stock

Post by WhyNot »

NEXT step

They (Cinci Usurpers) don't have enough to worry about

Have them CHARGED under Ohio Civil Service LAW, with malfeasance / misfeasance

And FINED.

Preface for, or in conjuncture with, a full lawsuit . PUNATIVE DAMAGES, and, removal from office(s)

Next job for these skunks...

''welcome to hunkaXYZburger would you like an order of cheesticks go ahead with your order when U R ready''
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

They'll just appeal the ruling and move on. I don't think they'd worry about those mal/misfeasance charges much either, to be honest.

Meanwhile this dragging out just costs the plaintiffs thousands more in lawyer fees.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

1st time you are correct. No biggie.

But 2nd, 3rd...6th? A judge would see it differently. A pattern , progression against upholding law.

Bigger ruler, bigger whack across the knuckles. Sure if it was up to me the WOULD be hunkabunka burger'n it, FIRST OFFENSE.

That's not how it works (well there are some higher profile cases in local govt in Ohio)(1st whack is gonna be BIG). But with everything, 1st steps are just that. It's just best that by the time U get to court ''You Honer, they've done this before'' ....best be able to show it. Small wins are STILL evidences, a good position to have is ''your Honer, they only got a lite crack on the knuckles, which OBVIOUSLY wasn't enuff''

I like stacking wins, even on paper, in case of a bigger case, later

Just like (allegedly) simple trespass cases. ''Butt, butt, it's just SIMPLE TRESPASS.'' Yeppers. PROSECUTE. ALLLLL property crime starts with...well, you got it. Well, maybe not I guess.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll

Yeah, I'm that good
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I used to share your optimism/enthusiasm. But take Mayor Jackson in Cleveland. His attempts at local gun laws got put down at least twice, and no punishment came to him or the city.

Now that we're getting a new POTUS, and our Governor has shown his true colors regarding firearms, I bet Jackson rolls out his rhetoric again next summer or so.

I don't think bump stocks are the "hill" that OFCC or other gun rights groups should go broke on.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

Brian D. wrote:I used to share your optimism/enthusiasm. But take Mayor Jackson in Cleveland. His attempts at local gun laws got put down at least twice, and no punishment came to him or the city.

Now that we're getting a new POTUS, and our Governor has shown his true colors regarding firearms, I bet Jackson rolls out his rhetoric again next summer or so.

I don't think bump stocks are the "hill" that OFCC or other gun rights groups should go broke on.

Bingo.
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Brian D. wrote:I don't think bump stocks are the "hill" that OFCC or other gun rights groups should go broke on.
Yes, the current issue never rises to that level of threat.

America/Ohio/gun owners have become "the most amazing" punters.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

And thus the death of gun rights by a thousand paper cuts continues. If not this hill, then what hill? When does enough of this BULL$H!T become enough? :evil:
jeep45238 wrote:
Brian D. wrote:I used to share your optimism/enthusiasm. But take Mayor Jackson in Cleveland. His attempts at local gun laws got put down at least twice, and no punishment came to him or the city.

Bingo.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

I gave up :P

What is happening isn't working. Therefore, the default ABSOLUTELY MUST BE, do something different. The city/county or wherever, needs to get enough static that, when they try the NEXT shenanigan, someone will say, ''but, what will the 2A crowd do THIS time?'' Not ''if do''

''Last time, they came at something totally different then the topik'' (like budget funding stuff)
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll

Yeah, I'm that good