H.B. 647: Hi-cap magazine ban

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

H.B. 647: Hi-cap magazine ban

Post by rickt »

H. B. No. 647 - Representative Strahorn (D).

To amend section 2923.20 of the Revised Code to prohibit the manufacture or possession for sale of high-capacity magazines except for authorized use by law enforcement agencies or for federal military purposes.
https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/legisl ... 133-HB-647
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: H.B. 647: Hi-cap magazine ban

Post by Javelin Man »

At least their definition of hi-cap is 100 rounds, but still, that definition can be changed at a whim.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
TB

Post by TB »

I never really understood the whole high capacity magazine issue.
If I was stupid enough to use my firearm to shoot up some place it wouldn't matter if my magazines held 5 or 500 bullets.
It takes 2 seconds to push the eject button and slap another magazine in.
It is just another stupid, unhelpful law they can pass to make themselves feel better.
Try to worry more about the laws we do have that are not enforced.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

TB wrote:I never really understood the whole high capacity magazine issue.
If I was stupid enough to use my firearm to shoot up some place it wouldn't matter if my magazines held 5 or 500 bullets.
It takes 2 seconds to push the eject button and slap another magazine in.
It is just another stupid, unhelpful law they can pass to make themselves feel better.
Try to worry more about the laws we do have that are not enforced.
I used that argument on my mother when she said we shouldn't have 30 round magazines. I asked her if a 20 round mag was okay. She said yes, I asked if it's okay if someone shoots up a place with a 20 rd magazine? She said no! I asked if a ten round mag was okay and she said that's okay. Again I asked if it's okay to shoot up a place with a ten round magazine? She said no!! I asked a different way: is it okay if I have a three round magazine and shoot a place up? She said that is not good! Mom finally got the point that a single shot pistol used to shoot someone is worse than a 30-50 round magazine used legally.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

Javelin Man wrote:I used that argument on my mother when she said we shouldn't have 30 round magazines. I asked her if a 20 round mag was okay. She said yes, I asked if it's okay if someone shoots up a place with a 20 rd magazine? She said no! I asked if a ten round mag was okay and she said that's okay. Again I asked if it's okay to shoot up a place with a ten round magazine? She said no!! I asked a different way: is it okay if I have a three round magazine and shoot a place up? She said that is not good! Mom finally got the point that a single shot pistol used to shoot someone is worse than a 30-50 round magazine used legally.
I find it interesting the arguments some people make. After a mass killing when someone drives a vehicle through a crowd of innocents or goes on a stabbing spree people often comment that "At least they didn't have a gun!". When I ask "What makes someone murdered by a vehicle or a knife any less heinous than with a gun" they often can't come up with any coherent answers.

When it comes to the speed of reloading, it makes little difference to an attacker if his victims are disarmed and law enforcement is many minutes or even an hour away. Minutes is a lifetime where an active shooter can leisurely take all the time they need. It has been demonstrated many times that even a single shot shotgun can be reloaded and fired at a surprisingly high rate of fire with very little practice.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Javelin Man wrote:At least their definition of hi-cap is 100 rounds, but still, that definition can be changed at a whim.
They are fun to play with , but i sure would not trust a drum mag to work properly with my life.Just sayin.
Black Rifles Matter
AzRanger
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by AzRanger »

I thought we can't use anymore than a 30 round magazine. You can buy them but can't use them is what I remember. Has that changed??
God made man, Colt made them equal
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

AzRanger wrote:I thought we can't use anymore than a 30 round magazine. You can buy them but can't use them is what I remember. Has that changed??
Yep, in the 2017-18 Ohio legislative session I think.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.