New Toilet Paper Law, coming to Ohio ??

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

New Toilet Paper Law, coming to Ohio ??

Post by WhyNot »

Well some persons are being inconvenienced I guess...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/finance/compa ... r-BB12kYt6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Read it and weep but don't blot your tears with kleenex (you evil hoarders) and without asking permission of the State to dispose of that medical waste.

Just think...a whopping 400 complaints! How many MILLIONS of transactions happens in intra/inter state commerce each day exactly?? Sooo...we needs us a neu law for the .000000000002% of transactions, and those being of a temporary nature (now DON'T mention the stores who are imposing THEIR OWN LIMITS on certain items, right now as I type...)

Seems gasoline gouging and AMMO SALES are off the radar. Well, at least for now :twisted: . There WILL be a next admin. , who WILL be anti-gun, who WILL (?possible?) want to...call out persons ''having more ammo then XX allotment'' shalleth be declared, a hoarder. And suffer the wrath of the State.

And some more terms bantered about of late; food hoarders, cash hoarders. All subject to a less-than-rights-friendly admin, in Ohio's future...

I know :idea: Perhaps maybe the gov can issue yet another proclamation, decree/edict , stores are to come up with their own hoarder policy and git it ready in 1.5 days again
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: New Toilet Paper Law, coming to Ohio ??

Post by kcclark »

I do not like these laws because it takes away my ability to buy something I want at a price I'm willing to pay. The example that always comes to mind is 9/11 when people in Columbus decided that gas refineries were suddenly going to shutdown so they all zipped to the gas stations, sat in lines for hours, and clogged up the streets. A station by me raised their prices so if your time was worth more than the higher gas price, you could buy gas with no waiting. Added benefit to the station was not dealing with the crazy customers. But AG Sweaty Betty did not see it that way, fined the station and said the station had to refund the customers.

These laws also encourage the lemmings to go out and cause a shortage. If a $1 widget gets jacked up to $10 during a crisis, more people will be able to find a widget available for sale. These laws ensure the early lemmings will each buy ten widgets, leaving the later lemmings and non-lemmings doing without.

Students explaining why "gouging" is a good thing.

https://youtu.be/IqMFBdWkfo0

On a lighter note, my dad always bought TP and tissues when he saw a good sale. After he died, my sister and I split up the bounty and did not have to buy either product for years. My parents did not believe in paper towels so there was no stockpile of that.
screwman
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by screwman »

You know, I haven’t bought an over priced item in this crisis yet. Then again, I realize you can wipe with something washable.
Mike

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.
FormerNavy

Post by FormerNavy »

screwman wrote:You know, I haven’t bought an over priced item in this crisis yet. Then again, I realize you can wipe with something washable.
Neither have I. I've found toilet paper at my local Kroger every morning I've tried to go. Do they have a lot? Nope. Is it gone by lunchtime? Yep. But it's always been there around 8:30am because they are stocking overnight. I also haven't paid for overpriced ammo... you just have to know where (and how) to look and be patient.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

What concerns me more than a anti gouging law is the executive orders being issued that says OHIO government can take supplies like PPE and CPAP machines from businesses. What's the next step, allowing the government to take private property?
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

Just 2 of us here and we almost always have a dozen or so rolls of TP in the closet.
Soon after this all started I thought of a way to profit from it and visited a wholesale paper distributor and bought a 96 roll case of really good quality TP for resale at a 100% profit...
My conscience told me different so we made sure the neighbors, our friends our family and folks from our church were ok with TP needs. We have an adequate supply here still.

When this crisis struck a good percentage of folks who were pooping at work or a coffee shop etc are now pooping at home.

I read this article or one similar a few days ago

“I can’t give you an exact number, but I will tell you we’re making more than ever,” said Arist Mastorides, president of family care for Kimberly-Clark North America, maker of Cottonelle toilet paper and other paper products. “It’s a significant amount to cover what we think will be used with people traveling less and staying home more.”

That’s part of the problem right now – not just hoarding and not because people are going to the bathroom more than normal. It’s also because so many consumers are going to the bathroom in different locations from before the pandemic – at home instead of workplaces, which often use a different kind of toilet paper than used at home."
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rickt »

M-Quigley wrote:What concerns me more than a anti gouging law is the executive orders being issued that says OHIO government can take supplies like PPE and CPAP machines from businesses. What's the next step, allowing the government to take private property?
Which order are you referring to? I looked here and can't find one that says that.

https://governor.ohio.gov/wps/portal/go ... ive-orders
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

New York has definitely been grabbing what they want. Watched video of them taking masks out of a guy's house. They also confiscated 3 million masks that Massachusetts government had ordered.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

rickt wrote:
M-Quigley wrote:What concerns me more than a anti gouging law is the executive orders being issued that says OHIO government can take supplies like PPE and CPAP machines from businesses. What's the next step, allowing the government to take private property?
Which order are you referring to? I looked here and can't find one that says that.

https://governor.ohio.gov/wps/portal/go ... ive-orders
I'll try and see if I can find it online. I was in my car driving (to get essential supplies :roll: ) listening to Dewine's daily briefly (this was a while back can't recall exactly what day) and he was talking about an executive order that he made it sound like the state would take unused ventilators, CPAP machines, from businesses to give to hospitals in the state that need them. I was mistaken about PPE, but that could potentially occur in some other future order. I guess from looking at the website below it's not "taking" the items by force but merely registering them so other businesses could buy them? You know, like a politician saying we're only requiring you register your guns, we're not taking them. (for now) The exception would be if the CPAP machine was being used for personal use. There's no word about if you are a private business and own these devices about what would happen if you don't want your equipment re distributed. :roll:

The only thing I can find at the moment is this site:

https://governor.ohio.gov/wps/portal/go ... work-order" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
COLUMBUS, Ohio)—Ohio Governor Mike DeWine announced today that Ohio is taking action to gather a statewide inventory of ventilators and other machines and devices that provide breathing assistance.

Ohio Department of Health Director Amy Acton issued an order requiring weekly online reporting of these devices by any entity in the supply chain, from creation through end-use. Examples are manufacturers, producers, wholesalers, transporters, distributors, retailers, physicians, clinics, hospitals, and medical facilities.

"This will allow for the identification and re-distribution of machines from healthcare providers who are no longer performing elective procedures," said Governor DeWine. "It also will help our regional hospital collaboratives by giving them information on the availability of these machines in their regions."

Along with mechanical ventilators, other devices to be reported are CPAP and BiPAP machines commonly used to treat sleep apnea, as well as anesthetic machines, and various treatment masks and tubing.

Exemptions include:

Ventilators in the possession of individuals for personal use; and
Ventilators that are in transit across Ohio but are being delivered from and to other states.

Inventory is to be reported on-line at http://coronavirus.ohio.gov/VentInventory" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; each Wednesday by 5:00 p.m. with the first report due Wednesday, April 1, 2020. Innovate Ohio assisted in creating the web-based reporting form. Hospitals must also continue to report daily ventilator data through the Ohio Hospital Association reporting tool.
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rickt »

Here's the order requiring the inventory of ventilators:

https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal ... rs-in-ohio

At this point, just an inventory. Frankly, I don't think the state would ever need to confiscate them. I think most businesses would be happy to loan them to hospitals during this crisis. Can you imagine the negative publicity if a business refused to loan its ventilators? "People died in Hospital A's ICU because Business B refused to loan us its ventilators." Who would want that kind of publicity?
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

REMEMBER....

their Ohio death rates are based as a % of POSITIVE tests, NOT as a % of TOTAL TESTED, which they just recently started even (begrudgingly) publishing

https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal ... rics-cases" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And that ^^ is today's latest chart. It states date & time at bottom of chart. TOTAL #s of tested is 65112 ; total #s of deaths is 268. Which is a percentage figure of .43% , NOT 4% The 4% is a % of the total POSITIVE tests, NOT total tests...
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll

Yeah, I'm that good
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

WhyNot wrote:The 4% is a % of the total POSITIVE tests, NOT total tests...
Which is the *only* meaningful death rate statistic. Those that tested negative might be tested again in the future - making them counted *twice* in the denominator of the percentage. Death rate is only meaningful when expressed as the number of deaths due to the pathogen divided by the number of persons infected by the pathogen. SO, they are correct in reporting the death rate as 4%.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Might be in the future could well as be, again...''could'' might not be also. Could also might be, that person dies of another cause before they ...might be infected again. Could might be, they move out of the state. Could might be, they develop antibodies, and can never ever git it again.

''Coulda shoulda woulda''

No, the number you take it as, is the total aggregate numbers. As tested. Strange, that's the numbers that V.P. MIke Pence said to report.

Wonder why
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll

Yeah, I'm that good
screwman
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by screwman »

They can confiscate my cpap!
Mike

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

WhyNot wrote:Might be in the future could well as be, again...''could'' might not be also. Could also might be, that person dies of another cause before they ...might be infected again. Could might be, they move out of the state. Could might be, they develop antibodies, and can never ever git it again.

''Coulda shoulda woulda''

No, the number you take it as, is the total aggregate numbers. As tested. Strange, that's the numbers that V.P. MIke Pence said to report.

Wonder why
The bottom line is people *are* getting tested multiple times, inflating that number. We know this as a fact. The death rate *due to the virus* is only relevant if it is expressed as total deaths due to the virus divided by total individuals infected by the virus. Which is why literally every legitimate health and public entity expresses it as such.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!