Hardin County Ohio sheriff said they shut down CHL issuance

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Hardin County Ohio sheriff said they shut down CHL issuance

Post by Brian D. »

Hey OFCC President for Life Jeff Garvas they appear to be joining Stark County and others in refusing to comply with the Ohio Revised Code. I'm up for some in person boots on the ground torches and pitchforks activism.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
DOA33
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Hardin County Ohio sheriff said they shut down CHL issua

Post by DOA33 »

This is a great opportunity to start pushing hard for constitutional carry. They have no right to stop.
Open Carry, shhh it's a dirty secret.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

DOA33 wrote:This is a great opportunity to start pushing hard for constitutional carry. They have no right to stop.
I think the push will be AFTER all the issues are seen and analyzed from COVID-19. Right now the statehouse isn't going to take on anything that isn't directly COVID-19 related.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
welshj

Post by welshj »

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... oser=false" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fulton county as well.
Six months in Bosnian conflict in '98.
Two tours in Iraq '03-'04 & '05-'06
Currently deploying daily to toledo, oh! :)
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

I certainly hope each sheriff is NOT going to arrest their constituents, if the new latest plague extends past the expire :shock: date, due to their not wanting to handle a simple application process.

Now, if same CHL applicant rushes into the sheriff station 3 days later yelling ''they're after me!'' as a credible threat looms outside , how will the desk officer respond again exactly :P ?

How does that jiive with, same deputies having to ''handle'' the publik on a traffic stop?

RISK FACTORS SUMMARY:
Having an appointment to conduct ANY business, advise good free citizen NOT to show up if sick, use sanitizer etc. LOW RISK to staff.
Having deputies respond to the unwashed masses in a time of crisis, MEDIUM-to-HIGH risk to staff.
Using the bathroom and drinking fountain INSIDE the station, HIGH RISK to staff.

:roll: :roll: :shock: :P :P
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

After doing the same (closing their CHL office) they have since re-opened in a "by appointment only" mode with additional precautions. I wonder if these others are going to do likewise.

As an aside, OFCC is working on contacting these offices to discuss the situation with them - hopefully, all will follow Stark's lead and re-open.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Delaware county also. I wish I could post screenshots of my conversation with them.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
xxxamishxxx

Post by xxxamishxxx »

Franklin county and Monroe county closed. I has students tell me their appoints were canceled
Accurate Concepts Training, LLC
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Punishers Law Enforcement Motorcycle Club
shootsome

Post by shootsome »

What do you do if your licence expires now? The expiration needs to be extended until business resumes.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

shootsome wrote:What do you do if your licence expires now? The expiration needs to be extended until business resumes.
Well, without any publicized or written authority to ''extend through the duration of the sheriffs perceived crisis'', from the sheriff and similar assurance from that same county prosecutor, or, from high authority i.e. states attorney general. I observe the options to be open carry, or, no carry in a time of crisis (large enough to get regular sane folk to panik shoppe for TeePee)(and cause sane-er-less folk to fight over same and become famous i.e.youtube, facepaper videos)(and...the obvious to cause a compleeeet stoppage of exchange of RENEWAL documents before/after/during hand wipes, sanitizers, hands a-wash'n singing yer A-B-C's & the like a.k.a. universal precautions).
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll

Yeah, I'm that good
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

JustaShooter wrote:After doing the same (closing their CHL office) they have since re-opened in a "by appointment only" mode with additional precautions. I wonder if these others are going to do likewise.

As an aside, OFCC is working on contacting these offices to discuss the situation with them - hopefully, all will follow Stark's lead and re-open.

I live in Hardin County. Here's the post from Hardin County Sheriff Dept. Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/OHHCSO/posts/3 ... ?__tn__=-R

"Hardin County Sheriff's Office
March 17 at 1:38 PM ·

Hardin County CCW holders and applicants: I am pleased to announce that after vast amounts of consultation with our local Health Department I feel that I can open up our CCW and Webcheck services. We will however be pre-screening everyone for temperatures and other indicators of illness. There will be CCW and Webcheck services BUT please bear with us as the process may take a bit more time due to the added steps I feel we must take to protect the public and the staff here at the office. Please call 419-673-1268 and ask for the CCW/Background check office to make your appointment. "
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.
Ole_grizzly
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Ole_grizzly »

Geauga too.
What's mine is mine and what's yours is mine too - the Repo man
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Over the last two days, OFCC has been working hard to ensure that Ohioans will be able to process their CHL applications (both new and renewal) in a timely manner at their local sheriff's department.

Nearly all sheriff's offices that were closed at the outset of the COVID-19 crisis have reopened, or will reopen within the next few days. For details, check your sheriff's social media or website.

OFCC is also centrally involved in the effort to establish a grace period for expiring CHLs.

More updates as we have them.

- Keep your powder dry
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Thanks to one & all behind the scenes, bringing sanity back into the picture

Bravo, good job etc :)
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll

Yeah, I'm that good
cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by cashman966 »

JustaShooter wrote:Over the last two days, OFCC has been working hard to ensure that Ohioans will be able to process their CHL applications (both new and renewal) in a timely manner at their local sheriff's department.

Nearly all sheriff's offices that were closed at the outset of the COVID-19 crisis have reopened, or will reopen within the next few days. For details, check your sheriff's social media or website.

OFCC is also centrally involved in the effort to establish a grace period for expiring CHLs.

More updates as we have them.

- Keep your powder dry

Delaware County still not accepting applications, new or renewal, any contact with them?

Information Overview Due to COVID-19, effective immediately all CHL appointments have been cancelled. Refer back here in a few weeks to see updates. Thank you.
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.